ADVERTISEMENT

Foundation

unlove

Rebel Legend
Feb 24, 2004
Assuming McCoy is 1+done, I like what I see going forward, at least based upon what I've seen thus far. Justin is a good player to build around in the sense that you can rely upon a 14 pt, 8 reb performance night in and out (from an overall average perspective, he can produce more of course). He reminds me a bit of Armon Gilliam in that respect; he clearly isn't The Hammer but Juiston is a solid, reliable player.

The bigs, particularly Doing, play hard and seem to have no ego, but are coachable and try to execute the coaches' game-plan. Doing has already surpassed Dembele imo but Dembele has made progress as well this season. His footwork is better and he doesn't get completely lost on defense as his freshman year. Both have much more to learn and grow, but they seem to know that and are trying to get better with each practice.

Beck and Hardy, as this board has recognized, are solid pieces that also seem to play team ball much more than trying to do things on their own (as compared to Mooring (offensively) and McCoy (defensively) for example). Add in Smith with a year under his belt (can he get a redshirt for this year??), Robotham and the recruits Hamilton & Woodbury and we have a solid foundation of players that play team ball and each of whom have room to grow into their potential (the recruits are an unknown at this point of course).

Not top 25 material out of the gate but as we've all recognized our reality is a period of growth back into ranked territory. Despite the struggles with conference play this season (even Eustachy is experiencing inconsistency), I am encouraged by the players we have returning -- hopefully (I am worried about Hardy with his younger bro being courted by blues, but that is a matter for another thread).

Reactions: Rutaylormd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News