ADVERTISEMENT

Football Facilities

I know that NDSU is a powerhouse, but they have two guys projected in the first round and we have zero for the draft. I'm hoping that we can get that changed ASAP!

I know that NDSU is a powerhouse, but they have two guys projected in the first round and we have zero for the draft. I'm hoping that we can get that changed ASAP!
More amazing about NDSU is they are taking the leftovers from U of Minn and U of Wisc recruiting efforts. And they still have a program that has not lost vs a p5 school for a long time. They beat minn gopher 2 of 3 and have beat k state, kansas, iowa st, and iowa. They had a game scheduled vs oregon this last year that got cancelled due to covid. They would have destroyed unlv over the last decade

More amazing about NDSU is they are taking the leftovers from U of Minn and U of Wisc recruiting efforts. And they still have a program that has not lost vs a p5 school for a long time. They beat minn gopher 2 of 3 and have beat k state, kansas, iowa st, and iowa. They had a game scheduled vs oregon this last year that got cancelled due to covid. They would have destroyed unlv over the last decade

I'm not sure anyone would argue that..

I'm not sure anyone would argue that..

Last year's Rebel team would have probably lost to a few of the top High school teams in the County ! I would be happy with 3 Wins this year and then double the Wins the year after and a Bowl game by year 4 ! Does anyone have confidence that CMA will be able to do this ? I hope so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 86Rebel
Last year's Rebel team would have probably lost to a few of the top High school teams in the County ! I would be happy with 3 Wins this and then double the Wins the year after and a Bowl game by year 4 ! Does anyone have confidence that CMA will be able to do this ? I hope so.

Don't know...

The recruiting classes have been very good on paper. But that's just it, on paper.

3 - 4 wins next year. 5-6 in year three fighting for a bowl seems like a fair timeline.

Feels like we've been saying that for 20 years...

Probably because we have..

Nah, my interviewing days are done. It’s terrible that Hinds had a bad knee.

those were fun times.

I wish we could get a prime QB. It’s been our Achilles heel since day 1.

Updated Facilities video for football.

Love the facilities. But I could care less about facilities. The team could play in a rundown H.S. stadium and practice out of a barn and I would be thrilled if it meant WINS.

Below is where North Dakota State plays and they would kick our tails every year. ( 19,000 capacity)

Locker and offices

Winning in football is about players, attitude, coaching, and desire. Not facilities.

Love the facilities. But I could care less about facilities. The team could play in a rundown H.S. stadium and practice out of a barn and I would be thrilled if it meant WINS.

Below is where North Dakota State plays and they would kick our tails every year. ( 19,000 capacity)

Locker and offices

Winning in football is about players, attitude, coaching, and desire. Not facilities.

True..

But the facilities do help with recruiting.

Reactions: 86Rebel
All you need to do is look at the top programs, and you will see with some exceptions that they tend to have bigger and better facilities. When you think of long term top programs you think of programs like Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma, USC etc. No shock that they all have top level facilities.

All you need to do is look at the top programs, and you will see with some exceptions that they tend to have bigger and better facilities. When you think of long term top programs you think of programs like Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma, USC etc. No shock that they all have top level facilities.
I never said top programs don't have top facilities. What I said was top facilities don't make top programs. Players, coaches and winning attitude do.

You don't get the top coaches to come to programs that don't have good facilities, they tend to gravitate towards the schools that have invested in the program. UNLV went from being a very good program in the late 70's to early 80's (23-9-2 the first 3 years division 1 prior to Maxin shutting down athletics and cutting the football program budget by about 50%) to being a toilet for most of the last 40 years because they refused to invest in football. While the Sam Boyd stadium looks like a toilet now, back 50 years ago, it would have been far higher up the pecking order.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT