ADVERTISEMENT

Foe #9 - Hawaii, Nov. 7

DocRebel

Lottery Pick
Aug 9, 2003
UNLV takes on the Hawaii Warriors this week. The Rebels continue to fight and scrap and are looking to grab that next 'W' this weekend. After experiencing several close roadblocks I anticipate the Rebels will take another step forward this weekend in what should be a really terrific football game.

This is a must win game for UNLV and coach Sanchez to show that progress has been made. I agree that the team has shown significant improvement in many areas, but the only thing that will draw new fans is winning, and Hawaii is a must win game.

Chow was recently fired. They look like a team who had given up against Air Force. Wittek has taken a beating this season.

Another angle for this game is the "revenge" factor after last years crazy finish and home cooking with the clock operator.

We will get there best effort as we always do. Our best effort should beat there best effort and I feel confident this team will give it there best. We run the ball well and Hawaii doesn't stop the run, I think that will be the difference in the game.

I think we will be able to move the ball well and hopefully build a lead early that makes Hawaii one dimensional (they pretty much already are with lack of a run game). I believe the D will be able to create a few turnovers and give the offense a short field a few times. Lets hope we see improvement in the red zone this week.

Not sure what to expect from the crowd.

Considering the huge Polynesian population in Las Vegas and their tendency to back Hawaii in this game, this probably will feel similar to the Boise State game in terms of fan support. The one disadvantage for Hawaii is the tough travel schedule. I have to imagine when things are going bad, those flights become a lot less fun.

I stopped factoring in Sam Boyd and our fans as giving us any type of 'home field' advantage a long time ago.

This comes down to which team is better, and it looks like Hawaii may have cashed it in at this point. The Rebels on the other hand are still competing in games.

If UNLV gets an early lead and goes up by say 10-14 points in the first quarter I think this thing could spiral out of control for Hawaii and UNLV could turn it into a blowout. I could see something like 42-17.

If UNLV allows Hawaii to stick around this game could look just like last years game. In which case Rebels still win but by a much closer margin 35-24.

Reactions: RebelinWA
New combination.

CTE5usRUEAUXD6a.jpg:large

This week/game is homecoming. Does anyone know what special events or festivities typically take place during UNLV's homecoming?

This week/game is homecoming. Does anyone know what special events or festivities typically take place during UNLV's homecoming?

Outside of announcing the Homecoming court at halftime? Nothing.

The only tradition I can think of happens about midway through the 3rd quarter. Regardless for the score the student section completely empties out.

Student section never disappoints. Another strong 3rd quarter exodus by them. How they coordinate that with such efficiency is amazing.
You may have missed their strong outing at the basketball game as well. All 20-30 of them showed up. I was so proud when I looked over and one of them wasn't looking down at their phone!
We all gripe that having the student section behind the basket for the second half is a "must" but wouldn't having the media typing on their laptops cause more of a distraction than empty seats in a potential student section?

How
You may have missed their strong outing at the basketball game as well. All 20-30 of them showed up. I was so proud when I looked over and one of them wasn't looking down at their phone!
We all gripe that having the student section behind the basket for the second half is a "must" but wouldn't having the media typing on their laptops cause more of a distraction than empty seats in a potential student section?
I already bashed them twice today that is my self imposed quota.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT