ADVERTISEMENT

Foe # 10 - Colorado State, Nov. 14

DocRebel

Lottery Pick
Aug 9, 2003
After punishing last week's opponent at home, UNLV looks to carry its winning momentum into the frigid mountains of Colorado State where the Rebels will face the Rams in what should be a physical slug fest. Both of these teams are coming off victories and hungry for more, so we should expect to see an exciting game.

Colorado State is pretty much a caricature of the MWX as a whole. Unpredictable. Impressive wins, tough losses vs solid opposition and a couple head scratching results.

They are sitting at 4-5 on the year. They played a very physical Minnesota team tough losing by three lost to Colorado by 3 as well. Got trounced by Boise and Utah State but then handle a solid Air Force team pretty easily. Then turn around and get embarrassed at home by San Diego State. So you think now they may have cashed it in for the year. Nope they go on the road and beat Wyoming, who has been bad this year but are typically competitive at home.

They are coming off a 10 win season, but lost their Qb from last year to the NFL. They returned quite a few guys off of last years defense that was pretty solid. But for every good game they have played on defense they have had two bad games.

Like I said this is a really bi-polar team and hard to get a read on.

I think despite having similar records most people would say UNLV has been better than anticipated while CSU would be considered disappointing this year.

Both teams are still in the hunt for a possible bowl invite.

I think UNLV may just be in line to pull the upset this week. I think it will be a very physical game up front and look a lot like the Reno game.

Unlv 24 CSU 23

Reactions: DocRebel
If you guys have to pick just one thing UNLV should improves from the Hawaii game. ONE thing that could allow UNLV to beat CSU, what would it be? Mine is 3rd downs conversion.

We need xlex and whitely to open the passing lanes. Then we need our receivers to play to their talent levels.

CTpPlEhUAAAbMPv.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT