ADVERTISEMENT

fired!

run'em_out'a_here

National Player of the Year
Nov 15, 2012
looks like Kent Baer and Andy Larussa is fried per Mark Anderson. I wonder who the replacements are?

Sacking Baer was a requirement for defensive improvement. Can't really address the job LaRussa did with the safeties, but special teams was a hot mess. I feared this day wouldn't come, but relieved it finally did.

Joe Arrigo says watch for Florida LB coach Tim Skipper to possibly take Baer's place. Seems I saw his name in play around here before.

When will the other shoe drop? We need to get rid of Cotton as well.
Oh for God's sake. The one area where we have improved greatly has been in the running game [18th in the nation'] and we've improved pretty well in total offense [42nd in the nation]. Think hard about that. In light of how horrible the defense and special teams were, that's something to be very positive about.

Those offensive numbers are pretty impressive with the poor field position, lack of stops, lack of depth on the team and the level of recruits on the team. With our OL that was built primarily from mid level 3 Stars and lower, we ran for more yards against Ohio State, at the Horseshoe, than some teams did in their own cribs with OLs made up of 4 Star recruits. Ohio State ended the season ranked 7th in the nation against the run.

If the defense and the special teams had been as good as the offense, we would have won the conference.

We are very lucky to have Cotton at his low salary for an OC.

Sacking Baer was a requirement for defensive improvement. Can't really address the job LaRussa did with the safeties, but special teams was a hot mess. I feared this day wouldn't come, but relieved it finally did.

Joe Arrigo says watch for Florida LB coach Tim Skipper to possibly take Baer's place. Seems I saw his name in play around here before.
Skipper would be a heck of a choice. Just have to wonder how much his success with the gators was simply due to the great recruits he got at the gators.

Last edited:
He didn’t have a choice in this one. Somebody had to pay for so many avoidable losses.
He could have just picked one over the other. Both at once was a tough but very good choice in my opinion.

Some of Cotton's play calling was pretty questionable, but if the QB makes the wrong decision it doesn't matter what the call is. Looking forward to Armani's growth as a QB/leader, and to him developing as a passer, not just a thrower. Sometimes I wonder about O'Dell and if he might not be Tony's Phenicie.

Some of Cotton's play calling was pretty questionable, but if the QB makes the wrong decision it doesn't matter what the call is. Looking forward to Armani's growth as a QB/leader, and to him developing as a passer, not just a thrower. Sometimes I wonder about O'Dell and if he might not be Tony's Phenicie.
Armani was pretty good as a RS Frosh but he still made the typical rookie mistakes. He has such a high ceiling. O'Dell simply must get him rising up to that ceiling or he'll be the next one shown the door.

Reactions: ricovegas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT