ADVERTISEMENT

Faris Muharbach

Does he have any injuries we should be worried bout?

Was an end-of-the-bench guy at Gorman, will be an end-of-the-bench walk on at UNLV. I always like to take kids from local power programs, it's a good way to build some credit with those staffs when you start going after bigger talent.

Maybe we should have gone after #13 instead.

Do we still need GPA guys? Unless you're trying to help Grant Rice out, I don't think that we bring this guy on campus at this point. He needs quite a bit of development.

But the discussion should focus on which high school he'd beat him out at. Martinez, and his entourage, didn't stay put for long. I don't know this kid's path to the pro's (so to speak).
Jaylon is just a strong example of … we signed him, he’s a stud, UNLV is back baby!, look, he’s a four star, look at his vid highlights, he’s crushing the competition - but he’s complete bust beyond belief … then you see his driveway videos, his actual suitors … stuff that was wildly ignored because, um, he’s a Rebel, he’s a stud … meanwhile, all I needed was watching him in person at Coronado to know that he was worthless at this level … but that gets dismissed because, he’s a Rebel, the coaches know what they are doing, they’d never miss that badly, look at his size … he’s a beast, trust the coaches, not your own eyes, trust the video highlights, not your own eyes, trust the star rating system, not what assistants and heads elsewhere (and an NBA scout, who saw him while they were assessing Jayden H) are saying about him, our coaches are amazing at evaluating talent.

There were a handful like that before him (hello, Beas) and have been a lot since him. And we will have at least one on next year’s roster.

Gotta take off the Rebel red goggles and not fanboy it up constantly, riling people up … because people tend to lean into positives as truths and they can’t deal with the negatives … otherwise you are just dishonest people and the “look at me” ego is all that matters to you.

Guys what? Sometimes players actually suck. Sometimes your team actually sucks. I’d rather deal with real life (and be wrong sometimes and happy to be wrong at those times) than live in the Land of Kumbaya because my ego can’t handle anything outside of the “don’t worry be happy” message (and be wrong most of the time, but you gotta slough it off, rewrite history, or disappear, again, because ego is too critical to some weaklings…)

Was an end-of-the-bench guy at Gorman, will be an end-of-the-bench walk on at UNLV. I always like to take kids from local power programs, it's a good way to build some credit with those staffs when you start going after bigger talent.

# 35 (Most of his play is in the first 1:30 of the video)

President Whitfield met with the Palestinian Protestors over this guy?

Jaylon is just a strong example of … we signed him, he’s a stud, UNLV is back baby!, look, he’s a four star, look at his vid highlights, he’s crushing the competition - but he’s complete bust beyond belief … then you see his driveway videos, his actual suitors … stuff that was wildly ignored because, um, he’s a Rebel, he’s a stud … meanwhile, all I needed was watching him in person at Coronado to know that he was worthless at this level … but that gets dismissed because, he’s a Rebel, the coaches know what they are doing, they’d never miss that badly, look at his size … he’s a beast, trust the coaches, not your own eyes, trust the video highlights, not your own eyes, trust the star rating system, not what assistants and heads elsewhere (and an NBA scout, who saw him while they were assessing Jayden H) are saying about him, our coaches are amazing at evaluating talent.

There were a handful like that before him (hello, Beas) and have been a lot since him. And we will have at least one on next year’s roster.

Gotta take off the Rebel red goggles and not fanboy it up constantly, riling people up … because people tend to lean into positives as truths and they can’t deal with the negatives … otherwise you are just dishonest people and the “look at me” ego is all that matters to you.

Guys what? Sometimes players actually suck. Sometimes your team actually sucks. I’d rather deal with real life (and be wrong sometimes and happy to be wrong at those times) than live in the Land of Kumbaya because my ego can’t handle anything outside of the “don’t worry be happy” message (and be wrong most of the time, but you gotta slough it off, rewrite history, or disappear, again, because ego is too critical to some weaklings…)
You forgot to mention that "he needs more in-game experience to improve." Sure, but then we'd get 30'd by the likes of an AFA in that game.

Oh, wait...

He looks to be a walk on. Not too much to talk about here.
I think it can be helpful to have a guy with some length running the scout team. Better than another 6'1" unathletic guard. Especially if they are trying to be post players.

If he is a walk on, then it takes nothing away from recruiting, while showing that the coach will recruit local players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT