ADVERTISEMENT

Expectations for the rest of the season games?

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
After watching UNLV play USC, a top 15 ranked team even for 3 quarters, is there any team on the rest of the schedule that UNLV can't beat?

I really have increased my expectations from 6-8 wins to 8+ wins this season based on what I watched verse USC. The best teams that UNLV plays the rest of the year would be Fresno St., SDSU, and Utah St., and I think UNLV could match up well with any of these 3.

Reactions: mvvsmith
The test will be to see if they can play with equivalent intensity against lesser teams. Next week's home game against UTEP will be the real deal. Looking competitive against USC is good but beating UTEP puts a number in the W column for the season. That is way more important than getting a "good" L.

Watching Prairie View right now and their up 20 - 0 in the 1st qtr. they also played Rice tough last week as well. Let’s hope the Rebs don’t look past them.

Reactions: mvvsmith
The best teams that UNLV plays the rest of the year would be Fresno St., SDSU, and Utah St., and I think UNLV could match up well with any of these 3.

People are sleeping on Arkansas State, but they were pre-season G5 top 10 and the only MWC team that would expect to be a road favorite going to Jonesboro is Boise State. That game looks to be at least as tough as Facing Fresno on our home field or Utah St in Logan.

People are sleeping on Arkansas State, but they were pre-season G5 top 10 and the only MWC team that would expect to be a road favorite going to Jonesboro is Boise State. That game looks to be at least as tough as Facing Fresno on our home field or Utah St in Logan.
Ark St is no joke. They will provide the best OOC barometer of where our program really is.

Ark St is no joke. They will provide the best OOC barometer of where our program really is.
Some fans should look into going to that. Dirt cheap. Granted, it’s Allegiant and it’s to Memphis which is about an hour east of Jonesboro. But at least it’s a direct flight. And you were probably going to need a car anyway, suspect taxis and uber/left isn’t huge in Jonesboro.

Can’t believe I’m going.

Some fans should look into going to that. Dirt cheap. Granted, it’s Allegiant and it’s to Memphis which is about an hour east of Jonesboro. But at least it’s a direct flight. And you were probably going to need a car anyway, suspect taxis and uber/left isn’t huge in Jonesboro.

Can’t believe I’m going.
You gonna love it. If you’re bringing the family with you, get some mosquito spray

After watching UNLV play USC, a top 15 ranked team even for 3 quarters, is there any team on the rest of the schedule that UNLV can't beat?

I really have increased my expectations from 6-8 wins to 8+ wins this season based on what I watched verse USC. The best teams that UNLV plays the rest of the year would be Fresno St., SDSU, and Utah St., and I think UNLV could match up well with any of these 3.
Love your optimism but I still see 6 wins with a potential for 5. I think:

UTEP - W
PVAM - W
AK St. - L
UNM - W
Utah St. - L
AF - W
SJSU - W
Fresno - L
SDSU - L
Hawaii - L
Reno - W

I'm not sold we beat Reno. I'll be at every home game except for this week but I'm still waiting to see how the defense does against a team who has planned an offensive game plan against us.

Our defense and run game were very encouraging on Saturday. As for adjusting our season win totals, I am going to stay away from predicting more wins(I really want to) mainly because that Hawai’i game looks much tougher than it did a few weeks ago.

UTEP - W
PVAM - W
AK St. - L
UNM - W
Utah St. - L
AF - W
SJSU - W
Fresno - L
SDSU - L
Hawaii - L
Reno - W

I agree mostly with you and also think that we will go 1-3 in the games against USU, FSU, Hawaii, and Reno... I'm just not sure which one will be the win. I'm not buying into Hawaii's early success and I think they will be the "1" (win). If we enter the Reno game 6-5 then it will be time to take care of business in that one too.

He trolls the Sun an virtually every UNLV sports article. Real bottom feeder...:flush:

Do we have any trolls left on Rebelnet? I blocked several years ago....

UNLV V USC

CBS Sports:

THE TAKEAWAY

UNLV: The Rebels can run the ball. UNLV finished with 308 yards on the ground, and looked like a team more than capable of making a bowl game for the first time since 2013.

UNLV USC
80 PASS YDS 266
308 RUSH YDS 219 388 TOTAL YDS 485

When the pass game gets going we will hang with the rest of our schedule....

Reactions: colonelreb

Can’t believe I’m going.

Jay,
email me. you and everyone else has that.
Ill give you my number and we can coordinate the ASU thang...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT