ADVERTISEMENT

Excited for this season

RebelSaint702

Lottery Pick
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2010
Not a lot of chatter on this board around the upcoming season...

I for one am really excited. Have already renewed my tickets and have purchased flights down to Vegas for a few of the games. I think I will make my way down to LA as well to go to the USC game.

How does everyone think the season will unfold?

Looking at the schedule....

For non conference we "should" be 2-2 at worst but realistically should be 3-1

UTEP, Prairie View & Arkansas State.... should be wins... or am I crazy???

Arkansas State has a high scoring offense so it should be an entertaining game. If we come out flat it could go sideways quick against us. We should destroy UTEP, doesn't look like they won a game last year. Prairie View should also be a game to get reps to the lower string players.... then again we all remember Howard.

USC unfortunately will more than likely be very tough... 37-17 USC or something similar is my guess.

Going into MWC play.... The schedule seems favorable overall... We don't have to travel to Wyoming or Boise or Air Force. We play at Utah State when the weather will still be good. The travel schedule looks pretty manageable.

We do fly to Hawaii... but it doesn't look like we are going to have a 13th game to offset the travel costs.... I am assuming its to late to add another game onto the schedule.

If I am going to bet... I say we go 7-5, going 4-4 in MWC play. If we lose a second non conference game then we could be looking at 6-6 and a lot more pressure being placed on the last couple games of the year @ Hawaii and VS Reno.

What are your thoughts?

It's all about Defense and hopeful progression of the offense.

Last year seemed to be a bad combination if a young, undeveloped defense (personnel) wise with a very vanilla, predictable defensive gameplan. Hopefully both parts of that get significantly better. Again, we just have to go from historically bad to below average defensively to be a a solid bowl team. I'm hoping that is the case.

Offensively I expect to see a good jump from Armani, with a little more balanced gameplan, though still run heavy, of course.

I am very excited, as I was last year around this time. I think I had us finishing :500 last year and then we played our first game against Howard....talk about expectations going up in flames. I guess I am holding out until we see what we got on the field and see how we respond to competition. I think if the universe is actually all about Yin and Yang, we should beat USC in our first game this year. I think us Rebel fans are due from some help from the universe !! The sad thing is, even if we beat USC...it won't be the worst upset ever in college football !!

I'm looking at 7-5, as well. As noted above, Ark. St is no gimme. However, I'm not ready to mail in the USC game either. I just like the changes and added experience on our side, coupled with key loses on their side. Being opener for both I think helps us in this case.

Reactions: ricovegas
Not seeing a thread on the all-you-can-eat plan, but I tipped off my barbershop today, and they went from being very neutral about attending games to being authentically interested on how to buy tickets and get the free all you can eat deal.

Pretty smart promotion I think.

Reactions: reagan21
I hope with the all you can eat deal and the expectations that UNLV football will win at least 6 games this year that we see attendance go past 20K. Very important that UNLV wins 3 out of the first 4 games to start. Anything below 2 would be a disaster similar to how last season started!

Reactions: lvrebalum2012
Gotta be patient and see what the incoming transfers will do this fall. We have a bunch of new d-line guys that we have not seen yet. It will be interesting what kind of upgrade we are going to get. Is Jacob rominger still in the team?

Rominger's twitter account still shows him with unlv and he was tweeting about unlv football just 2 daya ago.

Rominger's twitter account still shows him with unlv and he was tweeting about unlv football just 2 daya ago.
I know he didn’t play last year because of injury does that mean we still get him for 2 years? I know people were high on him hopefully it translates after an injury year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT