ADVERTISEMENT

Offer Elijah Kothe

Picked SDSU. 2-star WR per Rivals.

WR is not a position we've been recruiting poorly so I'm not concerned with missing out on him. Again, I'd like locals to stay home but we benefit from TX and CA playmakers coming here and making us better.

Reactions: RebelinWA
SDSU is on a roll. But I wonder what they are telling recruits regarding their stadium situation.

They have a stadium with a lease for at least 4 more seasons, what do they need to tell the recruits? My understanding of the plans are they are attempting to develop a plan that includes the development of a new smaller stadium and the demolishing of Jack Murphy stadium as part of an expansion of the SDSU campus. The simple fact is that currently SDSU has a much better athletic department then UNLV which is selling what they hope they will have in the future the same as SDSU.

They have a stadium with a lease for at least 4 more seasons, what do they need to tell the recruits? My understanding of the plans are they are attempting to develop a plan that includes the development of a new smaller stadium and the demolishing of Jack Murphy stadium as part of an expansion of the SDSU campus. The simple fact is that currently SDSU has a much better athletic department then UNLV which is selling what they hope they will have in the future the same as SDSU.
So "rebel" - are you an alumni?...

I have numerous degrees from UNLV, and I am a football season ticket holder and RAF donor.

I think UNLV has a lot of upside over the next four years, but also think SDSU is currently the best candidate for a move to a major conference from out west if they get their stadium situation figure out correctly. If Coach Menzies does as well as I believe he will over the next 2-3 years, and Sanchez gets UNLV to a bowl game this next season, I can see UNLV passing SDSU as the best candidate for a major conference from out west. Currently the only schools that have any future chance from the West would be SDSU, byu, and UNLV (with the recent changes and new medical school). I am not sure what other schools out west really could be considered candidates. Possible schools like FSU, Colorado State from the midwest, several schools in Texas, etc. Otherwise most of the better candidates would be from down south and back east. As for Boise State, I just don't see them as a candidate due to their having a very small TV market and limited growth educationally in regards to a future as a potential research university .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT