ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards out at ASU

unlv7163

Retired Number
Feb 26, 2004
There is a LONG way to go before this is any sort of real concern, but I could see this being a school that would have interest in Arroyo should UNLV have the season we hope they will. Would be a great problem to have, but was thinking yesterday that UNLV has a realistic (though perhaps unlikely) chance at 8, 9 or even 10 wins and if that were to happen that Arroyo would likely be considered for some openings. Admittedly that is getting way ahead of ourselves and I wouldn’t have mentioned it yet if not for the news of Edwards getting let go. I fully expect to have the rug pulled out from under us by then because this is UNLV football after all…

If he does his job this year and gets us to 6-6 I say let the chips fall and try and parlay this season’s success into Gary Patterson next year! That’s if Arroyo gets hired away.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
There is a LONG way to go before this is any sort of real concern, but I could see this being a school that would have interest in Arroyo should UNLV have the season we hope they will. Would be a great problem to have, but was thinking yesterday that UNLV has a realistic (though perhaps unlikely) chance at 8, 9 or even 10 wins and if that were to happen that Arroyo would likely be considered for some openings. Admittedly that is getting way ahead of ourselves and I wouldn’t have mentioned it yet if not for the news of Edwards getting let go. I fully expect to have the rug pulled out from under us by then because this is UNLV football after all…

If Arroyo pulls off 8+ wins they'll be interest. From a few places. How much? Hard to say. I think most P5 schools would like to see more than one season of success.

I think he would need two years of bowl eligibility to be a serious candidate.

Pros interns of him getting something like the ASU job is that he is familiar with the conference.

It also could be a con depending upon what the feelings are/were about his tenure at Oregon as OC..

I would think it would take at least 8 wins. If that were to happen though he could bolt. Then we would have to worry about Brumfield following. Again, that would be a great problem to have.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I saw it. That’s terrible.
If Herm's team was in contention for National Championship, he would not be play like that....in the age of the NIL and conference realignments , he an odd man out.

Lip read this garbage.

HE: Hey Mr. President hey Boss AD damn tough game that Eastern Michigan team is tough.
AD: yea they freaking loss to Louisiana last week.
President: Garbage like this is the reason we keep getting invited in the Las Vegas Bowl. We want to go to the Big 10 too Herm.
HE: well Sh#+
President: We also have recruiting violations on our heads Herm. How hard is it to recruit for a young player to go to ASU. Our students are mostly naked 90% of the time.
AD: well let’s call Utah State in my office they might need a new coach soon.

Lip read this garbage.

HE: Hey Mr. President hey Boss AD damn tough game that Eastern Michigan team is tough.
President: Garbage like this is the reason we keep getting invited in the Las Vegas Bowl. We want to go to the Big 10 too Herm.
President: We also have recruiting violations on our heads Herm. How hard is it to recruit for a young player to go to ASU. Our students are mostly naked 90% of the time.
Lip? Like Lipstick?

Reactions: rorebel24
Lip read this garbage.

If you aren’t lip reading professionally, then you are definitely missing your calling in life!

Reactions: rorebel24
Was thinking about this very topic. UNLV is a minor leagues for the P6 after all. But its not just the loss of Arroyo UNLV has to contend with if we see ANY kind of success (which is probably as little as 5 or 6 wins this year), but the loss of our most high-profile players even if Arroyo stays. If Arroyo leaves, you can count on mass defection, and a complete rebuild job for the next person. Frankly, this dynamic is making it harder and harder for me to stay engaged as a UNLV fan.

I don't see Arroyo leaving for less than a P5 job and He'll need 11-2 or better to get a sniff considering his past seasons. ( Two years in a row and all bets are off) As far as our players leaving it could be, but it's a big risk for a high-profile G5 skill player to leave for P5. He's guaranteed premier PT here and he could sit on a bench at a P5 school for the rest of his career..

Was thinking about this very topic. UNLV is a minor leagues for the P6 after all. But its not just the loss of Arroyo UNLV has to contend with if we see ANY kind of success (which is probably as little as 5 or 6 wins this year), but the loss of our most high-profile players even if Arroyo stays. If Arroyo leaves, you can count on mass defection, and a complete rebuild job for the next person. Frankly, this dynamic is making it harder and harder for me to stay engaged as a UNLV fan.
So much movement with players … makes it harder to connect.

I heard Urban Liar might be interested. There is a lot of young co-eds for when buddy needs a night out! Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT