ADVERTISEMENT

Dollar Loan Center..who’s going?

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
Time to christen this thing.

I think I’ll go. Were u defeated. Webster was a team captain back in the day.

There’s a hard way 8 bar in henderson somewhere. It’s changing owners and it’s becoming a parkway tavern after the 15th.

Hope to give them business for at least keeping the memories alive.

Time to christen this thing.

I think I’ll go. Were u defeated. Webster was a team captain back in the day.

There’s a hard way 8 bar in henderson somewhere. It’s changing owners and it’s becoming a parkway tavern after the 15th.

Hope to give them business for at least keeping the memories alive.
It’s on Water Street in downtown old Henderso.

I'll be there. You dont have to ask.

Wish I could say the same for the rest of the Rebel fans, but the fact of the matter is there are NO Rebel fans anymore.

Dead or became Golden Knights fans apparently.

Reactions: RebelScrub

Wish I could say the same for the rest of the Rebel fans, but the fact of the matter is there are NO Rebel fans anymore.

You know... It's a shame that more people can't afford to attend anymore. They still price these games like the place is selling out. Put the seats up top for 10 bucks and see what happens to attendance. They would make up for it in concessions.

am I the only one that remembers Anthony Carter And Alika Smith for Hawaii? Very formidable backcourt..

Im in. Gonna try and not get the Hawaii fans riled up..

• Haha
Reactions: LVRebel2000
You know... It's a shame that more people can't afford to attend anymore. They still price these games like the place is selling out. Put the seats up top for 10 bucks and see what happens to attendance. They would make up for it in concessions.
I know the next two games are expensive for most ( as I write, cheap seats at the end of the DLC are $61.00). But the T&M is different. Cheap end zone uppers are @ $6.00 each based on a season ticket price.

Thanks A-10 Thunderbolt II - agree....the Thomas & Mack tickets are super low priced. Reduced last year and half of what they were. If you weren't going at this price, you were never going to go and only looking for excuses.

No, I remembered them.
You remember sunshine slowly rimming out a game winning (game tying?) shot at Hawaii? One he’d make 99 of 100 times … Alika and AC were on Hawaii’s team, a Mitch Kroger too, I think. Don’t think helicopter was there just yet.

I remember my first inkling of liking Bayno that game. Remember, he was young as hell. When that shot rimmed out, his immediate reaction was genuine … I think initial reactions in the heat of the moment can tell you a lot. He didn’t get pissed or put his face in his hands … he ran up to Sunshine and consoled him. Remember, Sunshine was a Rollie recruit too … that shows a man who genuinely cares about the kids. Says a ton.

This game is going to be a horrific blowout. Granted, we lost to a bad UH football team, but the basketball team is a worse representation of competitive.
Hopefully Webster plays with a chip on his shoulder.

more worried about the Hawaiian natives and their awful drinking habits..

This game is going to be a horrific blowout. Granted, we lost to a bad UH football team, but the basketball team is a worse representation of competitive.
I remember the same things being said about High Point and that game was far closer than it should have been.

Reactions: Trax0r
Thanks A-10 Thunderbolt II - agree....the Thomas & Mack tickets are super low priced. Reduced last year and half of what they were. If you weren't going at this price, you were never going to go and only looking for excuses.
I love the A-10 reference. That is, and will always be the coolest plane on the planet to me.

You are correct, a lot do use it as an excuse. Myself, I don't think I've looked at those seats in a long time. I'm more of a lower bowl person and that is rarely more than 1/2 full anymore. I'd think they would want that thing packed. I am also more limited on attending things like that since Covid got me. I went to a UNLV football came a couple of months ago and it took me a couple of days to recover.

I think so too. How in the hell can we only be 6 point favorites over them??

I think so too. How in the hell can we only be 6 point favorites over them??
Seriously? I’ve only seen part of one game and they are awful. They’ve lost to Yale, and Texas A&M Commerce. No, that’s not a phone autocorrect accident. Commerce. Now I don’t know what the hell that is, Texas A&M Commerce. But they beat Hawaii. So did Sacramento State.

Having trouble believing that is the line, you’d thing it would be 3x that.

I love the A-10 reference. That is, and will always be the coolest plane on the planet to me.

You are correct, a lot do use it as an excuse. Myself, I don't think I've looked at those seats in a long time. I'm more of a lower bowl person and that is rarely more than 1/2 full anymore. I'd think they would want that thing packed. I am also more limited on attending things like that since Covid got me. I went to a UNLV football came a couple of months ago and it took me a couple of days to recover.
UNLV did away with the mandatory donation to the RAF for lower bowl (at least for this year), which is why I upgraded. Sit about 12 rows up on the corner for about $19 a game.

I copied this from UNLVrebels.com for us out off towner

BROADCAST INFO: Wednesday's game will be streamed on the Runnin' Rebels' YouTube channel with Tony Cordasco and former UNLV star Wink Adams calling the action. Jon Sandler, former Runnin' Rebel Curtis Terry and Steve Cofield (sidelines) will handle the UNLV radio call, which may be heard live on ESPN Radio 1100 in Las Vegas. All streaming links and live stats will be available at UNLVRebels.com and through the UNLV Rebels App.

BROADCAST INFO: Wednesday's game will be streamed on the Runnin' Rebels' YouTube channel with Tony Cordasco and former UNLV star Wink Adams calling the action. Jon Sandler, former Runnin' Rebel Curtis Terry and Steve Cofield (sidelines) will handle the UNLV radio call, which may be heard live on ESPN Radio 1100 in Las Vegas. All streaming links and live stats will be available at UNLVRebels.com and through the UNLV Rebels App.
Thanks Bookworm..no need to go to the game!!

Reactions: Knight Rebel702
I have 5 I can't use. Free to first to ask. DM me name and email and how many.

• Love
Reactions: RebelScrub
What’s up Soldier. Introduce yourself.

How old are you? When did you become a Rebel fan?

Thank you for posting!

#GoKings

Saw the topic posted in the MWC board and thought I would bring it up here. As far as I know, DLC was not sold out. 8-0 UNLV couldnt sell out DLC. Let that sunk in for a moment.

The fans that did make it was treated to a fun ball game. The atmosphere was 100% better than the Mack in recent memory. I haven't mentioned it on the boards, but have mentioned it elsewhere that I thought the Thomas & Mack was simply too big a venue for UNLV basketball, and this experience cemented my opinion on that. I'm not alone in this thinking. Coach Kruger mentioned that the atmosphere was such that he wants to play more than one game in the future in the DLC - perhaps bring larger teams that might not want to play in the Mack there. Thats a trap - for them! We would enjoy a significant advantage at the DLC.

It probably isnt in the cards to tear down the T&M, but if money were no object and one could wave a wand and make magic happen, I would be very happy with a DLC to replace the T&M in the same spot.

Saw the topic posted in the MWC board and thought I would bring it up here. As far as I know, DLC was not sold out. 8-0 UNLV couldnt sell out DLC. Let that sunk in for a moment.

The fans that did make it was treated to a fun ball game. The atmosphere was 100% better than the Mack in recent memory. I haven't mentioned it on the boards, but have mentioned it elsewhere that I thought the Thomas & Mack was simply too big a venue for UNLV basketball, and this experience cemented my opinion on that. I'm not alone in this thinking. Coach Kruger mentioned that the atmosphere was such that he wants to play more than one game in the future in the DLC - perhaps bring larger teams that might not want to play in the Mack there. Thats a trap - for them! We would enjoy a significant advantage at the DLC.

It probably isnt in the cards to tear down the T&M, but if money were no object and one could wave a wand and make magic happen, I would be very happy with a DLC to replace the T&M in the same spot.
There were less than 100 tickets unsold.

If we had a sugar daddy I'd like to see an on campus football stadium with a 12,000 seat basketball arena attached.

Reactions: LocoRebel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT