ADVERTISEMENT

Dayan Lake recruiting

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
I have notice as of the last few days that Dayan Lake moved up from UNLV being listed low on his interest to the point UNLV is listed with SDSU and Byu as medium on his interest with no schools listed high for him. Utah and California have both made offers and are listed as low or no interest.

This is a legit 4* player that would be a huge catch for Sanchez and UNLV in the recruiting wars and show that UNLV is able to compete for the higher level players.

He already visited with SDSU and is listed for a UNLV visit on Wednesday and a Byu visit on Friday. The nice thing is the night life of Las Vegas on a Wednesday is still way better than that in Provo on a Friday.

If we can find his twitter account, it would be a really good idea to follow and show UNLV support.

Good luck in the next few days with his recruiting.

I heard he supposed to visit this weekend. 3* on Rivals and ESPN, 4* on scout. Sounds like he can play WR or DB. Not sure what we're recruiting him as.

Most of his video shows him at running back, but I think they are looking at him as a defensive back. I believe that is where he is ranked with most of the services as a defensive back. Have been following as many of the recruits as possible and tweeting how much UNLV and the fans would like to have them. As funny as it seems I think that type of stuff actually does mean something to these kids..

This weekend there will be some big time caliber recruits visiting. If we land both Dayan Lake and TJ Fehoko both out of Utah, this recruiting class will have to go down as probably the best defense-loaded class in school history.

This post was edited on 1/27 11:28 AM by DocRebel

"This weekend there will be some big time caliber recruits
visiting. If we land both Dayan Lake and TJ Fehoko both out of Utah,
this recruiting class will have to go down as probably the best
defense-loaded class in school history."

I would have to agree with you on that. Fehoko appears to be the real deal. A lot of Lake's highlight film that I saw was of him at RB. The feeling is though he is a better defensive back.

Both of these guys are legit 3 star recruits with some services ranking them as 4 stars. Fehoko looks like the type of talent that will be tough for a coaching staff to keep off the field with a red shirt year.

Originally posted by DocRebel:

This weekend there will be some big time caliber recruits visiting. If we land both Dayan Lake and TJ Fehoko both out of Utah, this recruiting class will have to go down as probably the best defense-loaded class in school history.

This post was edited on 1/27 11:28 AM by DocRebel
Man, loving me some defense.

Any word on how Dayan Lake's visit went? He's a beast athlete and would look good in Rebel red.

Staff has been oddly Quiet the last 2 days. Must be getting down to the nitty gritty of who they are trying to lock in on and probably following up with already committed guys as well.

I do wonder a little on this one. After he went to SDSU he put several pictures on his twitter account, after the UNLV visit I didn't see anything. I think one thing is that with the time until the recruits picking getting close, they are starting to get more serious.

We are going to see more players back out, and new players come into the recruiting over the next few days.

I would love to see him come to UNLV, but like any other player, they need to do what is best for them.

Will-

Did Al Lake play much cornerback? I really think UNLV was looking at Dayan as a defensive back. Did like what I saw of Al at running back.

I've liked Al Lake since the first time I saw his film and have heard good things about him from others as well. Heard he wants to go to UNLV. What's his measurements look like Will?

He wants to play at UNLV. They even went to the meet and greet but no interest on the UNLV side.
He is looking at the D2 option right now at 5'9 175-180. He can play running back, receiver or corner as a huge play maker during his career with the Gators.

Show your support on twitter. It really is up in the air between UNLV, Byu, and StDSu

Dayan Lake @still_flexin6

It recently became obvious, me stupid, that this guy was just playing UNLV for a free trip. Normally, I don't mind when players change opinions, lean towards a school etc., but it became obvious this guy is just a first class ass that wanted to get a free trip on someone's dime! Public assistance at its finest!

I guess it fits into what we expect out of bywho!

We are probably a season away from nailing down recruits like Lake. With a full recruiting period and some upgraded facilities I a couple more guys like Lake will come into play. I thought he was a long shot the entire time.

It happens in basketball a lot too, using a official for a free trip to Vegas. Ryan Boatright and Renardo Syndey come to mind.

But it cans till help the school. When good recruits make officials to a school like UNLV, it can raise a few eyebrows at least give us a little pub. And what's the worst that can happen, they sign elsewhere. The ebst that can happen? They actually re-think they're decisions.

I think if we can finally catch up in terms of facilities then we can finally land a few more of these guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT