ADVERTISEMENT

Day 3 / Shells

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
It would be hard to ask for a nicer day than we had on Saturday. The team was definitely ready to put on the pads and get after it. The energy was good start to finish. CTS seemed to be pleased with the energy but wants the team to be more accountable in cleaning up the details and taking pride in their facilities, emphasizing that he wants the Rebels to be the hardest working team in America on and off the field.

Depth is something we have been sorely lacking in the past at many positions. LB is shaping up to be one of our deeper positions along with RB & Receivers & OL. Would love to see us utilize a 4-3 defense at times to take advantage of our depth at LB and what may be a lack of pass rushing DE’s. We have a lot DT’s especially with the guys we have coming in the Fall.

QB position is the best it has been in a long time if not forever and the reason for that is you can run the same offense for both guys unlike last year. Max is not as big as Rogers and might not be as fast but he has excellent speed and real good quickness. No doubt that Oblad is special but he can definitely use a redshirt year to put on 15-20 lbs. That said CTS is gonna put the guy on the field that gives the Rebels the best chance of winning.

CTS offered a great life lesson for the guys today that flies right in the face of political correctness stating that guys are gonna get left behind and that’s the way it is in the world and we will move on. That’s the way it is.

In other words CTS isn’t handing out any participation trophies at the end of the year. Contribute or get out of the way.

Enjoy reading the Spring Football reports. Great job.

I have a couple of questions about our Linebackers: Bailey Laolagi was having a great season last year, he averaged more tackles per game than anybody else, but he only played in 7 games all as a starter. Was he injured in our 7th game against Utah St, what were his injuries, and how is he looking this spring.

Also we recruited LB David Tate out of the Fresno area as part of our 2016 Class. I am guessing he redshirted that year, but it appears he didn't play last year. Anyone know what's happening with him. His name is still on the roster.

I totally agree that our Linebackers our the strongest part of our Defense. With McCoy, Hester, and Laolagi we should be better than most Mountain West Teams at that position.

Reactions: colonelreb
Those 2 guys have been on the field but I haven't paid any particular attention to them and probably won't until the drills go live tackling. In addition to those guys as well as Hester, McCoy & several other there is a lot of anticipation for the arrival of Salu & Johnson this summer. Both could be immediate impact players.

The biggest change from last year to this year other than new players and coaches is the anticipation from the fans. Never have I seen as many peeps out to watch a practice as I have this year and I think that the players appreciate that as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT