ADVERTISEMENT

D. Rice is on the final list at.........?

I wish him well if he gets the job. He's always seemed like a genuinely good person without a fake bone in him. It would be interesting to see if his recruiting prowess holds up at New Mexico St.

Yeah. But you also forgot a major detractor. It’s Las Cruces.

Ever been to Athens or Tuscaloosa? I have twice to both most recently this Nov for Alabama vs Auburn football. Tuscaloosa is a little (still not good) better but Athens is an absolute dump. Alot of the Southern cities are horrible (Knoxville, Auburn, Starkville and others but it doesnt stop good coaches/recruiters from recruiting to them. Hell Tark recruited to Las Vegas in the late 70's and early 80's.

What all of those crapholes have is a great enviroment to play in for a lot of reasons, rabid, to the point of way too rabid fanbases that care way too much, but for a couple of years not a bad spot to be. Remember when UNLV was the greatest show in town, when the players where celebs, thats how those places are.

With that said, Yes, I know we are talking NMSU and Las Cruces... and by no means am I comparing them to the SEC just pointing out colleges can thrive in some really crappy towns. NMSU has in the past.

Reactions: 76RunninRebel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT