ADVERTISEMENT

College Gameday

Steve Smith mentioned JRob when he picked, the last guy that got any national exposure for UNLV FB.
I think there’s a pretty direct correlation to UNLV coaches that have had real D1 head coaching experience and those that had none.

Why AD’s went and got HS coaches, coordinators, and insignificant D1 (Hauck) - especially during a very pivotal time of conference jostling - blows my mind.

Yeah, I know. Nobody would take it. We didn’t have the money. So we had to go low.

But this time, we decided to find a little bit of money and find one with D1 experience, showing that it was never impossible.

It’s terrible athletic directors running the show. I think the only one who may have had an outside shot post Robinson was Sanford. And he was hired by a heavily football minded AD (he sucked too, but more capable than the last two idiots).

UNLV has played many opponents over the years in every sport. But none were more unbeatable than the UNLV administration.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Can’t put a price tag on that kind of publicity. Fantastic for the program. A win at FSU would be the biggest of the program in quite sometime as it would further elevate UNLV in these kind of national conversations.
Probably since beating Arkansas in the 2000 Las Vegas bowl.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I think there’s a pretty direct correlation to UNLV coaches that have had real D1 head coaching experience and those that had none.

Why AD’s went and got HS coaches, coordinators, and insignificant D1 (Hauck) - especially during a very pivotal time of conference jostling - blows my mind.

Yeah, I know. Nobody would take it. We didn’t have the money. So we had to go low.

But this time, we decided to find a little bit of money and find one with D1 experience, showing that it was never impossible.

It’s terrible athletic directors running the show. I think the only one who may have had an outside shot post Robinson was Sanford. And he was hired by a heavily football minded AD (he sucked too, but more capable than the last two idiots).

UNLV has played many opponents over the years in every sport. But none were more unbeatable than the UNLV administration.
I don't buy the "no one wanted the job arguments either..." I feel that's a convenient excuse post hire to say, but I think you're spot on with bad ADa making bad hires. Sanchez mightve been a shot in the dark, but you cant tell me we couldn't find an experienced D1 coach at any of those junctures... and then you look at Arroyo getting hired by his bestie and it's laughable...

I don't buy the "no one wanted the job arguments either..." I feel that's a convenient excuse post hire to say, but I think you're spot on with bad ADa making bad hires. Sanchez mightve been a shot in the dark, but you cant tell me we couldn't find an experienced D1 coach at any of those junctures... and then you look at Arroyo getting hired by his bestie and it's laughable...
UNLV fans have more excuses for piss poor performances than most bases.

The Sanchez one I get to a degree. It’s not ok to sacrifice three years of a program, but we did get some returns (facilities).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT