ADVERTISEMENT

Cannon Game: UNR (-13) @ UNLV

What color will the cannon be on Sunday?

• RED

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • blue

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RebNReno

NBA Draft Pick
Oct 17, 2015
Vegas has UNR as almost a 2 TD favorite over the Rebels. Hard to disagree with that line after seeing how terrible UNLV looked.

None of the QB’s looked good but hopefully we get some of our WR’s back this week. UNR can move the ball and we can’t tackle. They won’t have a problem scoring points.

Wish this game was later in the season because the Rebels did not look like they were prepared to play football last Saturday.

Vegas has UNR as almost a 2 TD favorite over the Rebels. Hard to disagree with that line after seeing how terrible UNLV looked.

None of the QB’s looked good but hopefully we get some of our WR’s back this week. UNR can move the ball and we can’t tackle. They won’t have a problem scoring points.

Wish this game was later in the season because the Rebels did not look like they were prepared to play football last Saturday.

They did not look good.

Missing starting LT, MLB, and top WR did not help matters.

Played a solid 3rd quarter but not much beyond that..

Oblad for all the good he did last year had about the same completion percentage as Armani.

Going against all reason, I voted RED, mostly because I can't see myself going the other way. Seriously, though, we've had time to study film of UNR and I don't think they're that much of a mystery to us. They've had time to study... what? That sh!t show from Saturday? More importantly, CMA and staff now know what WE look like, and I think there will be a much greater improvement on our end than on theirs. I think we were as much a mystery to ourselves as to anyone else.

There was a moment where you could see what we are trying to do on offense. Granted it was against softer defenses, like most of the positive offensive grooves we have been in the past 10 years, but still. Chuck running well. Quick hitting passes, fast tempo, etc. Even passes to our backs!

It is a type of offense that can be really tough to defend, but you have to get some momentum with positive plays on 1st downs and success early in drives. 3 and outs absolutely kill you. As we saw over and over again Saturday.

Hard to see what our defense will be (other than generally bad), but sustaining drives will be key.

More looking to the future, not necessarily this weekend.

Reactions: RebelScrub
I'm worried that the Rebels aren't ready and that Arroyo probably doesn't grasp the rivalry fully.

Yeah it doesn’t sound like this game is too important to him. I understand his point but I’d like to hear a little more fire from him. Yeah it’s just 1 game but it is THE most important game of the year on this 8 game schedule.

Reactions: RedCannon
Yeah it doesn’t sound like this game is too important to him. I understand his point but I’d like to hear a little more fire from him. Yeah it’s just 1 game but it is THE most important game of the year on this 8 game schedule.

I think, after seeing the first debacle, one win against anybody would be THE most important game.

I look at the quote differently. I agree with him, if you lose all of your games but one beating your rival, you have failed for the season, so if they win they still have a long way to go if this is going to be a successful season.

Did the NCAA mandated earlier that everyone who participated will qualify for a bowl game regardless of record? The payday is the bowl win

You guys throwing a tailgate?
I’m gonna watch this game at Born N Raised on Cimmaron and warm Springs.

the first innagural game and only 3000 are invited.

Reactions: UNLV Rebel1

Would you like to hear him talk sh*t..

that would be great for ratings.

I'd like to hear things like "most important game of the year" " our guys will be ready" " I can't wait to coach in this rivalry" etc. etc.

Not "One victory over a rival, you shouldn’t feel like that’s a successful season.” I hope he wasn't yawning when he said it.

Lol I will never buy anything $400 each on CL. A reputable site yes maybe for a VGK game or a UNLV mbb game.

This is just me, but if the only win this season was against Reno - it would be a successful first year... as long as I saw them progress and fight every play the rest of the season. He said it shouldn't be that way, but it IS for me and I'm disappointed he does not care. It's sad to say, but if they won 5 games and lost the unr game, the season would be a loss to me. A bowl game would help with licking wounds, but I'd still be very disappointed.

Reactions: WarthogRebel
This is just me, but if the only win this season was against Reno - it would be a successful first year... as long as I saw them progress and fight every play the rest of the season. He said it shouldn't be that way, but it IS for me and I'm disappointed he does not care. It's sad to say, but if they won 5 games and lost the unr game, the season would be a loss to me. A bowl game would help with licking wounds, but I'd still be very disappointed.

If this team goes 5-3 which it won’t it will have been a very successful season, regardless if they beat UNR or not.

Yeah this team isn’t losing to UNR and then fishing the season out 5-1. You can throw that scenario out. This team may win 2 games. 2-6 win a RED Cannon is a good first year of CMA for me. 2-6 with wins over SJSU or CSU would be a little disappointing for me. Maybe CMA is trying to lower everyone’s expectations but Here’s UNR Norvell’s comments on the game. He sounds like a coach who wants to beat the $hit out us. I guess we’ll see how this plays out tomorrow night but I expect UNR to be fired up for this one.

He said he likes it being played early this year, in part because he wants to get the Fremont Cannon back to Reno as soon as possible following UNLV's win last season.

"I think it's great that we don't have to wait to play them to be honest with you," Norvell said. "We've been wanting to play them since last year when the game was over with. We're like elephants. We don't forget. We don't forget the feeling of walking off the field last year. And whenever you lose that game, it stings and it hurts. We work for a year trying to figure out how to correct the things we didn't do as well as we should have."

"This is a game where we've fallen short the last two years," Norvell said. "We get to go on the road and play them earlier in the season. I think that's a great thing. And go play in their new stadium. There's a lot of excitement in the state about this game. I think it's great after all this downtime and the lack of sports that we get a game like this in the state of Nevada at this time. It's very exciting for us. We know the importance of this game. We talk about it and emphasis it."

Game Day! Is anybody excited? I know the odds are against us but I’m still feeling slightly optimistic that the Rebels can some how pull the upset. I hope those of you that got tickets get to enjoy Allegiant Stadium and see that RED Cannon stay home.

If we lose the cannon, Arroya experiment is a failure. The last coaching staff managed to Reno 2 years. In a row

Hahaha I’m trying to indoctrinate 2 people who don’t watch college football or know the rules.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT