ADVERTISEMENT

Can’t complain about

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
this game too much. The Rebels played hard, not always smart, but they brought it. And there were two times in the second half where they could have folded but they fought hard. There was a point in the second half where they could have put the game away, but I’m guessing we were going to rely on UNR continuing to lay bricks. They didn’t. They drained the hell out of them in the second half. Muss got them re-focused on business at half. Still too much of a one on one team.... too much bs on offense for me to like, not that I’d like them since they are UNR. We threw a scare into them, they responded well and we didn’t have enough even though we battled to the end.

So I can’t lay a whole lot of blame this game or even being upset. I don’t know how we are so awful with timeout management.... but whatever, they left it on the floor.

The season, it was poor. Yeah, we won 20, blah, blah, blah, but I’m guessing at least 13 or 14 came against teams that didn’t finish above .500. And we lost another crapton at home this season (6). And we dropped our last 6 of 7. And we were boatraced in a handful of games again, which just shouldn’t happen no matter what.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News