ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Love to Arizona

Biggie once said "If you don't know, then you still don't know"

Wait a second... that's not right...

• Haha
Reactions: LVRebel2000
what would the domino effect be on this one? Are you referring to a player currently on AZ that may want to transfer after Love decided to join the team? Or with a HS recruit?
If my memory serves me right I believe it will be a high school recruit

If my memory serves me right I believe it will be a high school recruit
I didn't see any HS guard recruits for AZ that have committed this year, so I was thinking it's a guy on the roster now. There's only a couple that would make sense IMO, but it's speculation on my part. They're bringing in Love from UNC, and also a solid guard from San Diego State, so I could see how it could rock the boat a bit with some of the guys on the roster.

I didn't see any HS guard recruits for AZ that have committed this year, so I was thinking it's a guy on the roster now. There's only a couple that would make sense IMO, but it's speculation on my part. They're bringing in Love from UNC, and also a solid guard from San Diego State, so I could see how it could rock the boat a bit with some of the guys on the roster.
They also have pg from Alabama. Loaded with talent, Pac12 is where they will stay. No sense going to Big anything when you out recruit the competitors you already have.

Which one?
I don't really follow the U of A basketball team much, but from what I see on 247 sports, they have the following guys signed out of High school.

Carter Bryant, 5* SF from CA
Jamari Phillips, 4* SG from AZ
(Wrong year, these were 2024 guys)

Then, they have the following transfers coming in:
PG - Bradley (Alabama transfer)
PG - Love (UNC transfer
PF - Johnson (SDSU transfer)

They've already lost
PG - Kriisa (WV)
SF - Bal (Santa Clara)

Last edited:
I don't really follow the U of A basketball team much, but from what I see on 247 sports, they have the following guys signed out of High school.

Carter Bryant, 5* SF from CA
Jamari Phillips, 4* SG from AZ

Then, they have the following transfers coming in:
PG - Bradley (Alabama transfer)
PG - Love (UNC transfer
PF - Johnson (SDSU transfer)

They've already lost
PG - Kriisa (WV)
SF - Bal (Santa Clara)
The HS kids are 2024. The transfers are this year. Theyll be on campus in a couple of weeks

He seems to be publicly excited about Love coming just based on his social media. But it would be so awesome if that ended up happening. Especially if Dedan is on the fence of reclassifying.
He does seem very happy about it, but at this point, you cant believe everything you see.

When there were rumors of Caleb Love not going to Michigan, he came out on Twitter and flat out denied it. You see how that turned out. Refer to the Twitter link posted.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
He does seem very happy about it, but at this point, you cant believe everything you see.

When there were rumors of Caleb Love not going to Michigan, he came out on Twitter and flat out denied it. You see how that turned out. Refer to the Twitter link posted.
True. I remember Kyeron Lindsay and Kaluma saying similar things and neither of em are here.

They were factors beyond his control.

They were factors beyond his control.
I know it was but at the time it was reported that he wasnt going to end up there, Caleb knew that he wasnt admitted. Everyone in college basketball circles knew he wouldnt end up there because of grades and he said he would be there.

Point is, statements that are made to the public dont always reflect reality.

I know it was but at the time it was reported that he wasnt going to end up there, Caleb knew that he wasnt admitted. Everyone in college basketball circles knew he wouldnt end up there because of grades and he said he would be there.

Point is, statements that are made to the public dont always reflect reality.
It would be a win win if Kylan came here. He either plays alongside Dedan this year or if Dedan does not reclassify he steps in at the point guard position this year and then plays alongside Dedan the year after if that makes sense.

It would be a win win if Kylan came here. He either plays alongside Dedan this year or if Dedan does not reclassify he steps in at the point guard position this year and then plays alongside Dedan the year after if that makes sense.
The kid should have try for the draft. If he does come here, it would be amazing. I just cannot understand why he left UNC?

The kid should have try for the draft. If he does come here, it would be amazing. I just cannot understand why he left UNC?
His stock was at an all time low after last season. Chucked up a million bad shots, the fan base turned on him, had a lot of turnovers, looked disengaged, etc.

With that being said, hes a very talented player and willed UNC on their run the year before last. Ended Coach K's career. He will be much better this year in a system that fits him and get drafted next year.

Concor. Love has talent, took alot of the load on a bad UNC team. Left... will go to UA around more talent with somewhat lower expectations, will be able to excel.
That said, We can all agree saying things publicly on social media is what kids are supposed to do. If someone was coming into your job to take it from you, you'd publicly say the right things, but secretly be both annoyed, upset, and trying to find the positives...

Just a hunch but maybe soon there might be some things heating up about getting that last schollie With some of the players leaving the draft things just might start moving and players that were waiting to see what other players were doing so they can make a decision on transferring.

Last edited:
Kylan Boswell, that is the player you think UNLV can get from Arizona?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT