ADVERTISEMENT

Caiden Miles 3* OT out of AZ commits!

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
EZNww0SU8AAqn_Z

Other offers per 24/7: AFA, NMSU, Columbia.
[[[Article in my edit below mentions these offers: NAU, Abilene Christian, Yale, Columbia, New Mexico St. and Air Force.]]]

I think with offers from Air Force and an IL school we can assume he's decently intelligent... something pivotal to success in OL. Hopefully a diamond in the rough if those are his only offers and no more are earned.

EDIT: Found this article on Miles breaking down his commitment:

https://www.sports360az.com/2020/05...-caiden-miles-breaks-down-commitment-to-unlv/

Centennial High School has long been a factory for offensive linemen, and Caiden Miles has been a steady anchor for the Coyotes over the past few years.

On Friday, Miles made his commitment to the UNLV Rebels.

Caiden Miles@MilesCaiden

Thank you to all the programs and coaches that offered me. After a Rebel phone call with @CoachCNorcross I am proud to say I am committed to UNLV. None of this would be possible without @Cehsfootball @CoachComes @CoachThiele @RonTBAOL. Let's go Rebels!

2:21 PM - May 29, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

80 people are talking about this

The combination of his academic interests, new facilities for the program, a coaching staff and a familiar climate made the Rebels separate themselves from the crowd.

“We had a lot of really great schools to choose from, and UNLV was probably the best fit,” Miles said. “I want to be a physical therapist, and they have a Master’s and PhD in my degree. The coaches, they just got there. I think that’s a good thing for me and the program to be a part of that.”

The Rebels have recruited Arizona well in past years. Former Chandler Wolves Bryce Jackson and Chris Manoa, as well as former Saguaro Sabercat Seth Robinson are currently on the roster. The program also added Higley tight end Alex Lines in the 2020 class.

In addition to the Rebels, Miles holds offers from NAU, Abilene Christian, Yale, Columbia, New Mexico St. and Air Force.

Caiden-Miles-Centennial-1024x564.png

Miles wanted to make his decision now to focus on his upcoming senior season with Centennial to make another run at the Open Division championship.

“They’re very high-energy coaches,” Miles said. “I’ve talked to (offensive line coach Cameron Norcross) quite a few times. I really like his personality and it’s really high energy from all the coaches I’ve talked to.”

Miles now stands at 6-foot-4 and 290 pounds and looks back on his time with the Coyotes as a transformative.

“When I came to Centennial, I was a big, slow, fat kid,” Miles said. “They’ve shaped me into who I am today. I really appreciate all the coaches who have helped me along in this process.”

He also believes Centennial’s aggressive scheduling over the years and willingness to play the best teams in Arizona and around the country will help prepare him for the Mountain West.

“I accept the challenge,” Miles said. “Being at Centennial, it’s almost like the same thing. We try and we play our butts off and we face the toughest competition there is. Playing football is all about that, so I’m ready.”

Yale doesn't give athletic scholarships. While they do give student aid scholarships based on a needs basis, this would leave him or his family with a large debt to absorb that he may not be willing to accept at this time, or he wants the chance to play football at a higher level.

Reactions: reagan21
Yale doesn't give athletic scholarships. While they do give student aid scholarships based on a needs basis, this would leave him or his family with a large debt to absorb that he may not be willing to accept at this time, or he wants the chance to play football at a higher level.
My grandpa set up a college fund for us grandkids. I'm on the younger end of the spectrum. The two oldest grandkids drained the entire family scholarship fund. One went to Harvard (played football) and the other one went to MIT. I understand the "Ivy League doesn't have scholarships" thing really well. Pissed off the entire family...especially since that uncle was an anesthesiologist and the most wealthy member of the family. Parents could have paid for it, but decided to screw all of us instead and take advantage of my ailing grandpa.

Yale doesn't give athletic scholarships but they have an extremely generous general scholarship program based on need.

Yale costs around $55,000 a year.

If you're accepted and your family makes $65,000 or less you get a full ride. (Mom needs to quit her job as soon as you make an application) If your family makes more than that, scholarship $$ is given on a sliding scale based on need. The average Yale scholarship is $44000 annually making the school $ 8000 a year or $ 32,000 total.

10 years after enrollment a Yale grad makes an average of $118000 while a grad from an average university makes $ 63,000 after the same 10 years. Nearly double.

Even if you are $100,000 in debt after Yale you need to do it. Unless you're a fool you'll have that loan paid by the time you're 30 and it will be smooth sailing after that. If there is any way on earth a young person can go to a Yale, Princeton or Harvard they are doing themselves a disservice if they don't do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LINEBACKER_U
I paid my way fully through school in my graduate and undergrad courses, but my mom and her husband set up individual accounts for all of the grandchildren that provides enough school to pay a full ride for 2-3 years if they go to a local school, or a good dent if they go out of state. My oldest son went military so his schooling is almost fully paid for and the younger should be able to get enough in scholarships along with the money he will receive to pay his way fully through college.

I paid my way fully through school in my graduate and undergrad courses, but my mom and her husband set up individual accounts for all of the grandchildren that provides enough school to pay a full ride for 2-3 years if they go to a local school, or a good dent if they go out of state. My oldest son went military so his schooling is almost fully paid for and the younger should be able to get enough in scholarships along with the money he will receive to pay his way fully through college.
Great planning and looking out. Kudos.

Reactions: LINEBACKER_U
10 years after enrollment a Yale grad makes an average of $118000 while a grad from an average university makes $ 63,000 after the same 10 years. Nearly double.

Even if you are $100,000 in debt after Yale you need to do it. Unless you're a fool you'll have that loan paid by the time you're 30 and it will be smooth sailing after that. If there is any way on earth a young person can go to a Yale, Princeton or Harvard they are doing themselves a disservice if they don't do it.

This is true but probably also true that ivy league grads are brighter and harder working and thus will make more 10 years out than average grads.

This is true but probably also true that ivy league grads are brighter and harder working and thus will make more 10 years out than average grads.
While they may be brighter and harder working (I’m not disagreeing, just adding) they may also start with better connections.

I passed on the opportunity to apply to an Ivy League school because I didn’t think it would help me any more than attending USC did.

What I noticed about USC is that many who were business majors already had careers and connections lined up because of their parents. While someone may develop those connections on their own, having them established immediately upon graduation is very beneficial. It didn’t hurt, too, that many of those with established connections also had a good amount of wealth in the family. I could name some names you may know but it’s likely that “Well-known figure A” will have the ability to get their USC grad hired somewhere based just on the last name recognition. The same may or may not be true for those who attend Ivy League schools. I don’t have firsthand knowledge about that.

While they may be brighter and harder working (I’m not disagreeing, just adding) they may also start with better connections.

I passed on the opportunity to apply to an Ivy League school because I didn’t think it would help me any more than attending USC did.

What I noticed about USC is that many who were business majors already had careers and connections lined up because of their parents. While someone may develop those connections on their own, having them established immediately upon graduation is very beneficial. It didn’t hurt, too, that many of those with established connections also had a good amount of wealth in the family. I could name some names you may know but it’s likely that “Well-known figure A” will have the ability to get their USC grad hired somewhere based just on the last name recognition. The same may or may not be true for those who attend Ivy League schools. I don’t have firsthand knowledge about that.

It's all very interesting. USC is quite a good school with brand recognition. I can see people hiring based on that or a USC alum hiring a USC grad because they both went there. When someone mentioned Yale grads make double the average grad... I was thinking "average grad" would be someone from say...a cal state school. I think uc schools are better than average as is USC. Interesting stuff...i could be wrong about some of that.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I would not agree that Ivy league school have harder working students, what they do have is much better connections, and in many cases family jobs set up for them when they graduate. The more you move down towards the commuter school level, the more likely the student will get a job while attending to pay for college. I can agree that the average student is brighter, far better connected, and can use the prestige of the school to help in their future endeavors, but as for harder working I wouldn't agree with that.

I would not agree that Ivy league school have harder working students, what they do have is much better connections, and in many cases family jobs set up for them when they graduate. The more you move down towards the commuter school level, the more likely the student will get a job while attending to pay for college. I can agree that the average student is brighter, far better connected, and can use the prestige of the school to help in their future endeavors, but as for harder working I wouldn't agree with that.
I think both of you are correct. Connections are great but you need to have merits for being there. The demands is no joke. You’ll be a joke if you have no merits.

Oh yeah, if you somehow got into the doctorates program. Your world will change instantly. Praying is an everyday thing. Pray that you’ll pass that test tomorrow after 8 hours of lectures and lab work...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT