ADVERTISEMENT

BYU, UNLV cancel series in '23, '24

Great News, "F" YBU!!! Is the Little 12 still going to be Considered a Power 5 Conference without UT or OU ? Not IMO, They were the Big in Big 12.

Last edited:
Great News, "F" YBU!!! Is the Little 12 still going to be Considered a Power 5 Conference without UT or OU ? Not IMO, They were the Big in Big 12.
Not sure how it’s great news. That’s money out of the pocket of UNLV Athletic Department. Ticket sales at home (it was going to sell out) and it was a pay game at BYU. Let’s see who we fill the dates with.

Reactions: LocoRebel
Imo this take, and the associated name-calling, is no good. The name-calling just comes off as shouting at someone bigger than you.

Not sure how it’s great news. That’s money out of the pocket of UNLV Athletic Department. Ticket sales at home (it was going to sell out) and it was a pay game at BYU. Let’s see who we fill the dates with.
I dont believe it would have sold out, but it certainly would have been huge BYU turnout which is great for the bottom line.

Let's not forget that BYU and Notre Dame play each other at Allegiant in October 2022.

Imo this take, and the associated name-calling, is no good. The name-calling just comes off as shouting at someone bigger than you.

I dont believe it would have sold out, but it certainly would have been huge BYU turnout which is great for the bottom line.

Let's not forget that BYU and Notre Dame play each other at Allegiant in October 2022.
It would have been close to a sellout if not a sellout. There are 140k Mormons in Vegas and 2M within a 5 hour drive. They’re good again and their fan base is energized. 65,000 easy.

Last edited:
Sellout? While the games against BYU had good crowds in the past, we had a hard time even getting 30K at a game at the old stadium. Maybe 40-50K, but I don't see 65 K showing up at a game.

That last game against BYU in Sam Boyd they had their 4th string QB (who was also their 3rd string RB) under center…and we still got smoked. They still came with 20,000+

I know Mormons and BYU very well. I went to the game against Arizona last season. There were 43,000 - 45,000 BYU fans there and it was supposed to be a rebuilding season for them. There were no expectations for a winning season. With the talent their currently bringing and the move to the Big XII this the highest their fans have been in over 15 years. It’s not out of the possibility for them to sell 50,000 on their own.

Yeah, not good for UNLV to lose 2 pretty sizable paydays...

Maybe Erick got enough money as a cancellation fee to hire another assistant basketball coach.

Maybe Erick got enough money as a cancellation fee to hire another assistant basketball coach.
Hahahaha. Wrong board but give it 4 hours or so.

Actually all BYU contracts since they went independent have a conference clause which allows them to unilaterally back out if they ever join a conference.

Hopefully they will replace the home game with a school that will sell a lot of tickets as byu would have. Get someone like Wisconsin, Nebraska or Iowa the game will sell a lot of tickets and their fans will spend a lot more money than byu fans. Im glad they arent playing byu, but only if they find a solid home replacement to make up for it which may not be easy.

Reactions: reagan21
Hopefully they will replace the home game with a school that will sell a lot of tickets as byu would have. Get someone like Wisconsin, Nebraska or Iowa the game will sell a lot of tickets and their fans will spend a lot more money than byu fans. Im glad they arent playing byu, but only if they find a solid home replacement to make up for it which may not be easy.
Exactly my sentiments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT