ADVERTISEMENT

Bryson Jackson commit

RebelMan5000

Conference POY
Jun 20, 2018
Not sure what to make of this. Originally a 5.7 3-star recruit in 2018 and went to TCU where he redshirted. Transferred to Houston for the 2019. Couldn't find any stats on Houston but he went to JuCo at Blinn College last year (again couldn't find any stats).

He had many offers for 2018:

And still had a few offers this go round:

Gotta love the George Michael cross earring though.

Yeah interesting prospect. He went to 3 High Schools and now it looks like UNLV might be his 4th college. Not sure why he’s bounced around so much but he was highly recruited out of HS. ESPN and 247 had him as a 4*. Hell, even Bama gave him an offer. Good athlete- He plays baseball too. High ceiling if he sticks around.

I think he is a train wreck waiting to happen. I remember when they brought in 4* Altee Tenpenny out of Alabama back in 2015, and he was a total waste of the schools time, money, and scholarship. He ended up being kicked off the team within a few weeks of the start of practice! There is a reason why highly rated players out of high school, who completely fail at the higher level, become mediocre transfers!

I think he is a train wreck waiting to happen. I remember when they brought in 4* Altee Tenpenny out of Alabama back in 2015, and he was a total waste of the schools time, money, and scholarship. He ended up being kicked off the team within a few weeks of the start of practice! There is a reason why highly rated players out of high school, who completely fail at the higher level, become mediocre transfers!
This seems to me to be a low risk / high reward situation. If he doesn't work out (like Tenpenny), you cut him loose. With the number of football scholarships, you can afford to take an occasional gamble. It's not like we have a long line of 5 and 4 star players waiting to play here.

Reactions: Mojo702
Jackson was in the same TCU recruiting class as Justin Rogers and Adam Plant but suffered an injury in summer camp before ever suiting up for TCU. After surgery he walked on at Houston hoping to be put on scholarship but was not given one. If he completes his recovery Jackson could be a solid addition.

Tenpenny entered my mind also. Worth the risk, but with a short leash.

His past 2-3 years has shown nothing that is worth the risk at all! He is damaged goods, and there is a reason why he mostly received offers from lower level programs!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT