ADVERTISEMENT

Brumfield

He is a good QB that has had problems with getting injured, it also looks like the QB position is deep and he could have ended up as the 3rd string QB next season. From what I have been reading it appear Harrison Bailey has been catching on quickly to the offensive schemes. They also have Cameron Friel who was freshman of the year at QB, and a very good Jayden Maiava coming with the class of 2022!

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
He is a good QB that has had problems with getting injured, it also looks like the QB position is deep and he could have ended up as the 3rd string QB next season. From what I have been reading it appear Harrison Bailey has been catching on quickly to the offensive schemes. They also have Cameron Friel who was freshman of the year at QB, and a very good Jayden Maiava coming with the class of 2022!

Plus Brumfield was a Sanchez guy and no ties to the current staff...

That royally sucks to hear..

I liked his game. I think the offense is trending away from what best suits his skill set though.

Less read option.
More RPO.

I think Doug has the potential to be a solid passer.

But in terms of pure arm talent (namely accuracy) Bailey and Friel are probably ahead of him.

No guessing as to what Arroyo is looking for in a QB. Pocket passer that can hit his receivers, receivers that can make plays, O Line that can protect and probably a RB that can pass block and run a little bit and catch passes out of the backfield. Could be a big year for Magyar
Tough spot for Brumfield going up against a kid that starting in the SEC as a true freshman and another guy that was the Freshman of the year in the MW and they both fit the mode of what Arroyo wants.

To bad Brumfield had injury issues. Guys with an arm like his a few and far between.

Big arm.
Touch still a work in progress.
Accuracy hard to judge fairly.

His completion percentage was skewed by a lot of drops last year...

I'd say he is a better passer than Armani was at same point but not quite the athlete with his legs.

I'm not sure he fit new offense.

Big arm.
Touch still a work in progress.
Accuracy hard to judge fairly.

His completion percentage was skewed by a lot of drops last year...

I'd say he is a better passer than Armani was at same point but not quite the athlete with his legs.

I'm not sure he fit new offense.
Brum greatest asset was to get his teamates play beyond their capabilities. Yes, his injuries was an issue...This is a bad loss.

Brum greatest asset was to get his teamates play beyond their capabilities. Yes, his injuries was an issue...This is a bad loss.

It might be, we'll see...

If Arroyo shifts to a more RPO style offense it fits Harrison and Friel better.

I can't see a guy transfering (at the QB position) if he was the likely starter, unless it was to be a starter at a bigger/better program..

Brumfield has talent, not dismissing that. However he has about what? 5 or 6 games of tape and some of that was in relief...

If he leaves and excels and Arroyo has hitched his wagon to Bailey and he struggles...Big loss.

Otherwise not so much..

Reactions: Jay's Rebel's
It might be, we'll see...

If Arroyo shifts to a more RPO style offense it fits Harrison and Friel better.

I can't see a guy transfering (at the QB position) if he was the likely starter, unless it was to be a starter at a bigger/better program..

Brumfield has talent, not dismissing that. However he has about what? 5 or 6 games of tape and some of that was in relief...

If he leaves and excels and Arroyo has hitched his wagon to Bailey and he struggles...Big loss.

Otherwise not so much..
If Bailey fail, he still have Friel and Madaeva (sp) kids. 3 solid QBs. Brum was special, though...he just need the right offence to run.

If Brum was healthy, every single game from last year would have been competitive at the very least. Remember, Justin Rogers was an Arroy's recruit.

Brumfield is similar to Lehner in that he has talent but can’t stay healthy. This is why I would have kept Fleury. Haha

On a serious note, Brumfield had the livest arm of the quarterbacks last year but did lack some touch. His accuracy issues weren’t as bad as Armani, but he still had issues. Accuracy can be improved only so much.

Tennessee has a good enough arm but better accuracy.

Our main concern is the porous o-line.

If Bailey fail, he still have Friel and Madaeva (sp) kids. 3 solid QBs. Brum was special, though...he just need the right offence to run.

If Brum was healthy, every single game from last year would have been competitive at the very least. Remember, Justin Rogers was an Arroy's recruit.

Justin Rogers was an acceptable gamble. An highly touted HS QB. Suffered a terrible injury which limited him. He was not good last year, outside of one game where he played some of the best QB I've seen at UNLV in some time. That was the guy Arroyo was hoping to get. For whatever reason he couldn't string it together.

Why? Don't know...Could have been a lot of things, injury limited him. Maybe the injury (it was brutal) was always in the back of his mind hampering him..

You never want to miss on any recruits but it's not the NFL where if you miss on a 1st round QB it can set your franchise back 3 or 4 years.

Reactions: dcut03
Brumfield is similar to Lehner in that he has talent but can’t stay healthy. This is why I would have kept Fleury. Haha

On a serious note, Brumfield had the livest arm of the quarterbacks last year but did lack some touch. His accuracy issues weren’t as bad as Armani, but he still had issues. Accuracy can be improved only so much.

Tennessee has a good enough arm but better accuracy.

Our main concern is the porous o-line.

It all starts with improved O-Line play. I don't care who wins the QB battle if the O-line doesn't improve.

Hard to throw from your back.

It all starts with improved O-Line play. I don't care who wins the QB battle if the O-line doesn't improve.

Hard to throw from your back.
Justin Rogers is a complete mental b!tch, IMO. He was on a rag after he was yanked for his mental issues. He got one good game after that? Too much tampons needed for Justin...Offensive Line was an issue last year and so was our QB to match that deficiencies.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Justin Rogers is a complete mental b!tch, IMO. He was on a rag after he was yanked for his mental issues. He got one good game after that? Too much tampons needed for Justin...Offensive Line was an issue last year and so was our QB to match that deficiencies.

Dude his ankle was destroyed in HS.

@bcvegaspt can fill you in on how severe it was iif he is so inclined. There was a strong possibility he would never play football again..It shows some fortitude that he played at all..

Yeah he threw a bit of a tantrum after getting benched.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT