ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking...

If Orgeron is willing to come here you hire him! I have never been around a more enthusiastic coach and the players love him! That would be my choice without a second thought. Why hire a high school coach, the FCS route didn't work

Originally posted by leoner21:
If Orgeron is willing to come here you hire him! I have never been around a more enthusiastic coach and the players love him! That would be my choice without a second thought. Why hire a high school coach, the FCS route didn't work
for local support. for a recruiting angle. for marketing. for$$$$

Orgeron brings the recruiting edge, and my guess is he would be able to get money into the program. A high school coach of a private school with all kinds of advantages over public programs is not going to turn this program around

Seems pretty simple - D1 coach, USC and Ole Miss, great recruiter, we all saw how the players played for him last year. I know a lot of USC alums are wishing he was still there instead of Sark. I can't believe TKM would be stupid enough to hire a high school coach over this guy. If she does then I guess I can see why this program doesn't progress

Originally posted by shawn2724:
Sanchez doesn't seem like a good idea, but maybe it's dumb enough to work at UNLV?
The bottom line is booster $$, and if he is required to bring it in, so be it.

Xfactor is 100% right these things are all about money, and at most universities the boosters have more of a say than anyone, this thing isn't a quick fix most likely a 5-7 year thing until UNLV can be a respectable program. So if that means bring Sanchez just to get the Fertitas money than so be it. Once they upgrade the facilities and possibly help with a stadium if Sanchez fails and we fire him the money will have already been spent to make this a more desirable job for a solid coach to take, if he succeeds than we'll have a coach who would be here for a while with him being comfortable with the Las Vegas community having the support of the boosters and local athletes. Either way it's a win win.

All of these assistant coaches and one high school coach. Color me not impressed!

Give me Ault, Jones, or Fassel and i'll be satisfied. We need a coach with experience and a PROGRAM stabilizer. These three could EASILY do that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT