ADVERTISEMENT

Boyko?

dcut03

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
Did anyone see the dirty play that got Boyko injured and that player ejected? It was hard to see from the TV broadcast since it was from a pretty far angle, but it looked likehe was swung to the ground, and with his weight on his back, the UNR player pulled his arm backward. At first it looked like he dislocated his elbow, but it also looked like he tried to dislocate his shoulder.

Was Boyko hurt bad? He was down for a long time. Was there any further punishment for the UNR player. That kind of crap should get you kicked off the team or a coach fired if he was told to do that.

Hard to tell on the replay because it was so far away, but it just looked like a regular personal foul and nothing too egregious. But the officials were decisive about ejecting the UNR player so they must have seen something pretty bad.

They showed a few different angles on the Reb Zone last night. It was pretty dirty. they were locked up and as the play moved along the UNR player grabbed Boyko's left arm and held onto it as he turned and fell to the ground. It was , as Boyko described an arm bar.

Saw some tweets that said MWC reprimanded the player and Nevada but no further action was expected.

I know it set off heated exchanges with the coaching staffs in the booths before and after halftime. Lots of tweets from writers from both RGJ and LVRJ/SUN about the screaming matches between coaches surrounding that play.

The story I heard is Reno coaches were yucking it up about Boyko nearly getting his arm broken, and UNLV RB coach Dominic Daste took extreme exception to it. Pretty classless on the part of FUNR, but we expect that kind of thing from that program. Cops were put in place during the fourth quarter to make sure there was no continuation/escalation of hostilities after the game. Good for Coach Daste, sticking up for his guy! Several of the tweets were media types saying it was the most excitement they'd had covering UNLV football.

Boyko got his elbow dislocated. He went to the locker room and they popped it back in place but he was in a lot of pain. He wanted to go back in right away but the other guys kept trying to calm him down. He finally went in for a while but the pain was too much. The reno player was thrown out.

This post was edited on 12/1 5:28 PM by LinemanHit

This post was edited on 12/1 5:28 PM by LinemanHit

I thought I saw his elbow get back back completely in the wrong direction when I saw it the first time.

That kind of crap is absolutely reprehensible. It was absolutely done on purpose. The play was more than over , he was swung down the the ground, he made sure all his wait was in his back and he yanked back his arm with everything he had. Dude should be kicked out of football. If FUNR coaches were laughing about it, then they should be fined and or fired.

I know dirty stuff happens a lot, but this was way out in the open well behind the play and very blatant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT