ADVERTISEMENT

Boxing Thread

Askren's a real fighter, I think the first one Jake Paul has fought. Askren wasn't a great puncher but he's a fighter nonetheless.

Askren by stone cold KO.

Reactions: LocoRebel
Askern looks like he ate donuts to get too 191 in weigh in, I wouldn't waste my time on this crap show at all.

Ive never heard of either of these guys until yesterday on the Jim Rome Show, where he does a weekly segment on betting. The guy who was picking the games and events said he like Jake Paul becuase this was a boxing match not a fight.

How telling is this fight of Dana the Clown under paying his fighters ? The MMA guy is going to make more for an exhibition Boxing match than all of his UFC Career !

Reactions: RebelScrub
How telling is this fight of Dana the Clown under paying his fighters ? The MMA guy is going to make more for an exhibition Boxing match than all of his UFC Career !
The UFC pays 100 times more in fighter pay than another other MMA organization, Dana basically started that sport to become mainstream. He has turned a bunch of men into millionaires who otherwise would have never had that opportunity. The fighters are independent contractors. So because the market place doesn't have real competition (price is all supply and demand...even in sports) Dana should start another sport with overpaid athletes...??? . you are out of your fricken mind if you believe that shit. !!!

Reactions: Nickk10
Ive never heard of either of these guys until yesterday on the Jim Rome Show, where he does a weekly segment on betting. The guy who was picking the games and events said he like Jake Paul becuase this was a boxing match not a fight.
You don’t want to hear about Jake Paul. His attitude is cancerous to this younger generation.

besides, this match is nothing more than celebrity boxing.

So Jake Paul is running a sports entertainment disguised as boxing promotion now? People pay for this shit?

I'd rather watch Duke vs UNLV from 2016 than this shit

Awful.

the YouTuber can throw some punches.

unfortunately, it was against an MMA guy who is clearly out of his element..2 years retired from his sport.

boxing has been reduced to trash.

I kinda agree with the stoppage, he didn’t respond clearly to continue.

Paul should fight McGregor next, but I bet Floyd will want a piece too.
Awful.

the YouTuber can throw some punches.

unfortunately, it was against an MMA guy who is clearly out of his element..2 years retired from his sport.

boxing has been reduced to trash.

I kinda agree with the stoppage, he didn’t respond clearly
Was that fight actually legit? Sanctioned? Was there a betting line? I’m not a boxing expert whatsoever and I know the MMA dude is over the hill but I have a hard time believing a dude that won 2 ncaa national championships, had a 19-2 mma record and finished 6th in wrestling in Beijing would get knocked the **** out by a YouTuber. I know wrestling doesn’t exactly compute to boxing but wtf. Ben didn’t have anything to gain except a shitload of money if he takes a fall.
Jake Paul isn’t legit is he?

Reactions: LuvMeSomeRebs
Was that fight actually legit? Sanctioned? Was there a betting line? I’m not a boxing expert whatsoever and I know the MMA dude is over the hill but I have a hard time believing a dude that won 2 ncaa national championships, had a 19-2 mma record and finished 6th in wrestling in Beijing would get knocked the **** out by a YouTuber. I know wrestling doesn’t exactly compute to boxing but wtf. Ben didn’t have anything to gain except a shitload of money if he takes a fall.
Triller Fight Club is basically a sports entertainment program. Think WWE.

The punch was legit.

the fight? An mma guy was in a boxing match. Askren couldn’t throw to save his life.

the match was sanctioned by the state of Georgia. No headgear.

The UFC pays 100 times more in fighter pay than another other MMA organization, Dana basically started that sport to become mainstream. He has turned a bunch of men into millionaires who otherwise would have never had that opportunity. The fighters are independent contractors. So because the market place doesn't have real competition (price is all supply and demand...even in sports) Dana should start another sport with overpaid athletes...??? . you are out of your fricken mind if you believe that shit. !!!
UFC/MMA is alive because of Dana White, however UFC pays such a small percentage of the revenue to the fighters compared to the top end of boxing, that said UFC makes fights that I want to see. Boxing is all political, the WBA is such a wretched organization the Marvelous One is Lifetime Member, promoters don't want to work together, Spence and Crawford should fight each other, instead both are B's, they should do 40-40 split winner takes 20% extra, instead they just talk on twitter. Haney is WBC 135 Champ he makes 3 million bucks a fight on DAZN, he has no support at all, boxing is out of wack.

Not many UFC guys can actually box well at all, when you watch guys stand up, you can see why they get whipped by professional boxers, then again if UFC/Wrestler could take down a boxer it be over too, I prefer boxing over UFC, but If they have matchup I like I will watch it.

This is why I thought Askren would win, I mean sure he's a wrestler, but he still took punches from legit mma guys and didn't get ktfo like that. He was only ko'd once in 22 fights. Seems to me like Triller is trying to make Paul seem dangerous so they can get a money fight with Mayweather or something like that.

Reactions: UNLVINMD
This is why I thought Askren would win, I mean sure he's a wrestler, but he still took punches from legit mma guys and didn't get ktfo like that. He was only ko'd once in 22 fights. Seems to me like Triller is trying to make Paul seem dangerous so they can get a money fight with Mayweather or something like that.
Boxing is an entirely different beast compared to MMA. The stances, the little things like head movement and angles, footwork. Those take years to master.

Im not dogging wrestling or MMA because those are respected sports but Askren had no business being in that ring. He had hip REPLACEMENT surgery, two year layoff.

He was hand picked for a reason. I watched the replay and Askren seemed ok.

YouTube is awesome. Save yourselves 50 bucks.

1.3 million viewers at 50 bucks a pop means 65 million dollars in Revenue for Triller.

That’s freaking amazing.

1.3 million viewers at 50 bucks a pop means 65 million dollars in Revenue for Triller.

That’s freaking amazing.

The fix was on just listen to Snoop, it looks like he took a dive ! That was one weak as Fluck punch !! SMFH What people do for Money !!!

My understanding Paul went to professional gym and received professional training for a year before even getting into a ring. He has some natural talent, can punch, UFC have to train for Wrestling/Kicking/Boxing, it's tough especially for guys who have wrestling background, and most trainers have MMA background not boxing, huge difference.

Kendall Gill..

guard out of Illinois wants a piece of Jake Paul.

if I remember correctly, LJ was in golden gloves and Kendall has a history as a boxer sometime ago.

I used to box as an amateur back in the mid 90's, so I know what it takes to be a boxer and what the training is like, but I'm not familiar with that aspect of MMA at all, I just watch it lol. I just figured that Askren, being a fighter would be tougher and last longer than a basketball player. Basketball fights are usually pretty pathetic.

So Jake Paul is running a sports entertainment disguised as boxing promotion now? People pay for this shit?

I'd rather watch Duke vs UNLV from 2016 than this shit
Triller equaled the Mayweather Cotto ppv in terms of Revenue.

Triller is a promotion and Jake Paul is just a fighter. Triller also is going to promote Oscar De La Hoya fight at 160 or something in the future.

Triller equaled the Mayweather Cotto ppv in terms of Revenue.

Triller is a promotion and Jake Paul is just a fighter. Triller also is going to promote Oscar De La Hoya fight at 160 or something in the future.
It's a sports entertainment promotion, not a boxing promotion

Mayweather vs Logan Paul..

the younger brother? You gotta be kidding me.

Mayweather is gonna get on that bike.

So..Floyd vs the younger brother Logan Paul.

Boxing Exhibitions are the way to go if you want to get paid.

Floyd could come in at 160..Jake Paul comes in at 190.

Im looking forward to this schooling.

In other news, Canelo vs Billy Joe Saunders

Billy Joe who? Billy Joe exactly

This is a joke fight..or a stay busy fight for Canelo.
Somebody told me BJS will be a tough test.

I got this one easy Canelo victory with one of the score cards already filled in for Canelo.

Who you guys got?

Saunders can fight

But this is the case of a good fighter vs likely HOF guy.

Saunders might keep it interesting for 3 or 4 rounds.

Canelo broke Saunders orbital bone.

That’s a serious injury. I’d quit too as I’d rather be dead than blind for the rest of my life in a show of boxing machismo.

It was good to see some real boxing after the Paul Askren fiasco.

Canelo is going to be undefeated for a long time since there is absolutely nobody at 168 that will give him any problems and that includes Caleb Plant who I like a lot..

Canelo broke Saunders orbital bone.

That’s a serious injury. I’d quit too as I’d rather be dead than blind for the rest of my life in a show of boxing machismo.

It was good to see some real boxing after the Paul Askren fiasco.

Canelo is going to be undefeated for a long time since there is absolutely nobody at 168 that will give him any problems and that includes Caleb Plant who I like a lot..

Charlo might give him trouble. But probably too small at th his point..

This goes to show (love him or hate him) how great Floyd was..He damn near shut Canelo out on the scorecards..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT