ADVERTISEMENT

Both TCU transfers.

Jeff Brohm from Purdue came up with a plan to play football in the spring that is actually doable

Jeff Brohm from Purdue came up with a plan to play football in the spring that is actually doable

Its doable but here are the problems with it.

1) Top end draft eligible players likely opt out. We see it with bowl games much less a whole season.

2) Will players from the Big 10 or Pac 12 on teams with National Championship aspirations, even want to play in the Spring without that being a chance?

3) Safety, safety, safety. At least that's what we were told was one of the reasons for not expanding the college football playoffs. Also grades and time in classroom. Now you (not you personally) want to put potentially 8-10-12 more games on guys bodies in the same calender year.

I think they should play now. I'll watch if they play in the Spring. I'm skeptical they will though.

Reactions: billd99s
ACC,SEC, Big 12 the only survivors. Actually, we have to see if anyone watches the NFL to see if college football survives when the NFL collapses because of Anti Americanism of owners.

The nba will set the standard for that. Currently they have had a significant drop in viewership from last season.

Conference usa, sunbelt, AAC are also looking to play football this fall

I bet these TCU transfers are kicking themselves for coming here. If they stayed they could play. Had they gone to other conferences they could play. Just their luck they came to the Mountain West conference of fools.

I bet these TCU transfers are kicking themselves for coming here. If they stayed they could play. Had they gone to other conferences they could play. Just their luck they came to the Mountain West conference of fools.
When it is all said and done there will be no college football this fall.

For the MWC your right no football this year. 6 other conferences and some independent teams they will at least start their seasons.

Even this is political. By my calculation there are 25 states that have football teams that intend to continue. 24 of them have Republican governors.

Based on the telephone call I received from UNLV, they are still planning on Football in January, but we will wait and see if that holds up!

I got season tickets for three this coming football season. I’m still debating whether I want to keep them or get a full refund.

Based on the telephone call I received from UNLV, they are still planning on Football in January, but we will wait and see if that holds up!

That's until the NCAA says because the majority of D1 played in fall they won't grant the spring ball and they will say due to player safety because of ..........

I'm still skeptical that top end players who think they have a chance to get drafted will play in the Spring.

Makes no sense to risk injury with the draft around the corner.

If we do get football, it will be a watered down product with top end guys opting out.

8 games in Spring another 12 in the Fall is a lot of football to put on players bodies in a calender year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT