ADVERTISEMENT

Boise State

RebelSaint702

Lottery Pick
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2010
I live in Boise now and saw this gem come across...thought I would share.

They really think they are better than eveyone else in the conference.

I know the MWC has shaky leadership at best but jeeze...!

Harsin urged Boise State leadership to leave Mountain West Conference, emails show | Boise State Football Coverage | idahopress.com

I live in Boise now and saw this gem come across...thought I would share.

They really think they are better than eveyone else in the conference.

I know the MWC has shaky leadership at best but jeeze...!

Harsin urged Boise State leadership to leave Mountain West Conference, emails show | Boise State Football Coverage | idahopress.com
If there is any person who is a fan of the conference and thinks he's wrong, I'd like to meet that person. MWC had a thousand opportunities to make itself relevant and has instead been lead into disarray.

I have no problem with what BSU coach wrote, Id want the F out of the MWC too. Im not sure where they can go other than the Big 12 possibly if that happens I think its them and byu together.

Last edited:
I have no problem with what BSU coach wrote, Id want the F out of the MWC too. Im not sure where they can go other than the Big 10 possibly if that happens I think its them and byu together.

The Big 10 has no interest in a former junior college from Idaho. Most B1G schools may be public but they’re elite publics.

It’s the American Conference Boise is looking at and good for them. The AAC actually cares about football and a football first school like Boise would do well aligning themselves with Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, Memphis, SMU, etc. Boise can throw their basketball and Olympic sports in the regional Big Sky and go all in on football. The AAC is on the right path. I think eventually a Cincinnati or a UCF will break into the playoffs as #4. There’s no chance a MWC team will ever be considered. If Boise wants the opportunity to play for a National Championship make the move.

The Big 10 has no interest in a former junior college from Idaho. Most B1G schools may be public but they’re elite publics.

It’s the American Conference Boise is looking at and good for them. The AAC actually cares about football and a football first school like Boise would do well aligning themselves with Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, Memphis, SMU, etc. Boise can throw their basketball and Olympic sports in the regional Big Sky and go all in on football. The AAC is on the right path. I think eventually a Cincinnati or a UCF will break into the playoffs as #4. There’s no chance a MWC team will ever be considered. If Boise wants the opportunity to play for a National Championship make the move.

Sorry meant Big 12 (which has 10 schools), not the Big 10 which has 12. Of course no chance ever to join the Big 10.

Last edited:
If they really want to see what life is like as an independent they can just look at their former rival BYU. I believe if they want to leave they have to pay an exit fee of 7 million. Which was negotiated the last time they tried to leave the conference to go to the Big East. The only bad thing is that the replacements for them are not very good. New Mexico state, UTEP, and maybe one of the smaller Texas schools.

I looks like it's a leaked email after a Sept. 11 conference call with Thompson about opening football. Sounds like lots of frustration on the head coaches part about not opening up.

I don't think there is too much to this. Most conferences are just trying to figure out how to keep their lips above water with Covid to think too much about expansion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT