ADVERTISEMENT

Boise game cancelled

Probably for the best at this point. Can players get eligibility back if they only play a limited number of games?
I was under the assumption that all players receive an extra year, due to the circumstances. I guess that assumes that the school can afford to fund the additional scholarships required to grant the extra year to all players.

From a quick searching, disnt pull the full quote:

On Friday, the NCAA announced that all fall sport athletes will “receive both an additional year of eligibility and an additional year in which to complete it.” The decision came after the Division I board of directors met via video conference. ...Aug 22, 2020

Sorry about the holding. Thats from my search terms not be being aggressive!

Last edited:
Reactions: RebelMan5000
Well I guess it saves us from another big blowout loss at least. On to Hawaii now for the final game of this disaster 2020 season.

Reactions: RebelMan5000
Does this mean BSu can't play in the MWC championship? Maybe I am wrong but I thought you had to play 6 mwc games to be eligible to play in the championship game

Does this mean BSu can't play in the MWC championship? Maybe I am wrong but I thought you had to play 6 mwc games to be eligible to play in the championship game
I believe the Big Ten made that statement for their title game. I dont remember CT committing to anything along those lines. I definitely good have missed it...

Im jelly Indiana was a doormat Football school now their super competitive. UNLV well we have nicer uniforms.

If there had been 0 or 1 total game cancellations between any MWC teams then the minimum would have been 6, but due to the large number of cancellations the minimum number of conference games for a team to qualify for the MWC CCG was already down to 4 a week ago.

The math was spelled out before the season started, at https://themw.com/documents/2020/10/1/2020_MW_Football_Championship_Tiebreakers.pdf

and the minimum was set by “must play no less than two fewer Conference games than the average number of Conference games played by all Conference teams (rounded up/down at .50)”

If there had been 0 or 1 total game cancellations between any MWC teams then the minimum would have been 6, but due to the large number of cancellations the minimum number of conference games for a team to qualify for the MWC CCG was already down to 4 a week ago.

The math was spelled out before the season started, at https://themw.com/documents/2020/10/1/2020_MW_Football_Championship_Tiebreakers.pdf

and the minimum was set by “must play no less than two fewer Conference games than the average number of Conference games played by all Conference teams (rounded up/down at .50)”
Greta research, thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT