ADVERTISEMENT

Big House Road-trip?2023

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
Who’s in?

I have heard nothing but great things about Michigan and Ann Arbor. I have a contact there in Detroit. (No hooker)

I didn’t go in 2015.

I definitely would like a wing on this one.

@T Parker @Jspilotro?

No weed for me on this trip.

Anyone on this site?

Let’s get it done!!

We gotta rent a bed n breakfast. I was really impressed with that route when Joe, TE and myself went to Arkansas.

Alright, leave your significant other at home.

We are there to conquer and smash adult females!and freakin’ mingle.

Michigan is a great place to watch. Largest stadium in the US, and when it is full it is an amazing atmosphere. I went to Michgan my first two years of college before I transfered home to UNLV. Nothing like catching a game there. I am hoping to be able to go.

AA is the place to be! Great fan base that is respectful for the most part and top of the line trash talkers. Great food as well!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
We gotta walk in like the 9er fans against the Eagles!!

Did it in 2015, fun trip.

Rebs were actually competitive in that game.

Never threatened to win it, but defense played pretty well most of the day..

I took my dad and 3 sons to Notre Dame last season. Had an amazing time. I’m planning on it. I missed 2015 and I regretted it.

I was fortunate to witness The Coliseum and Rose Bowl in my college years. These big stadiums are to football fans as shrines are to the religious.

If you’re a fan, go an enjoy the experience of being there and seeing how big time programs do it. Just like I heard ND fans were gracious, I’m sure Michigan fans will be, too, since we don’t threaten them at all. Heck, even ASU fans in Tempe were friendly in the first half while I was sitting in my USC shirt. That was until Matt and Reggie staged the second half comeback.

Speaking of Coliseum, NASCAR has a race there today at 5 EST. It's a pretty fun watch.
(ur talking the coliseum in LA right?)

I was fortunate to witness The Coliseum and Rose Bowl in my college years. These big stadiums are to football fans as shrines are to the religious.

If you’re a fan, go an enjoy the experience of being there and seeing how big time programs do it. Just like I heard ND fans were gracious, I’m sure Michigan fans will be, too, since we don’t threaten them at all. Heck, even ASU fans in Tempe were friendly in the first half while I was sitting in my USC shirt. That was until Matt and Reggie staged the second half comeback.
I went to the Rose Bowl last month. It was amazing but man do they pack you in like sardines. It was designed for hobbits. There is -3.2” leg room. Our seats were between portals so there was 25 people in either direction to get food or use the bathroom. I had to pee for about 2 hours but didn’t want to step over all those people. Even with that, I’m glad I went. It was a bucket list I was able to check off.

Anyone look into plans yet? Going to stay in Ann Arbor, Detroit, somewhere else?

Anyone been to a game there before? Any tips on things to do or see?

Anyone look into plans yet? Going to stay in Ann Arbor, Detroit, somewhere else?

Anyone been to a game there before? Any tips on things to do or see?
I've been to many games there. I have family there so it is a little different for me.

I would stay in Ann Arbor or close. There's a nice hotel called The Graduate which I like. It's close enough to campus to walk around. Unless you want to go see the Tigers or Lions there's no reason to go to Detroit.

Personally I think Michigan is overrated. I like games at Michigan State better. The Big House is mostly below ground so it isn't loud, plus a lot of the fans are old and sit on their hands. If you haven't been I do recommend it if you are a college football fan. The history of the place is cool. But don't expect to be overwhelmed by it.

I've been to many games there. I have family there so it is a little different for me.

I would stay in Ann Arbor or close. There's a nice hotel called The Graduate which I like. It's close enough to campus to walk around. Unless you want to go see the Tigers or Lions there's no reason to go to Detroit.

Personally I think Michigan is overrated. I like games at Michigan State better. The Big House is mostly below ground so it isn't loud, plus a lot of the fans are old and sit on their hands. If you haven't been I do recommend it if you are a college football fan. The history of the place is cool. But don't expect to be overwhelmed by it.
You in Backer? I got Megaforce on my iPad.

First impression from outside, you think 'that's it' ? Big House?

Then when you get inside its massive, for the reason you mentioned it being built below ground.

I went to the Rose Bowl last month. It was amazing but man do they pack you in like sardines. It was designed for hobbits. There is -3.2” leg room. Our seats were between portals so there was 25 people in either direction to get food or use the bathroom. I had to pee for about 2 hours but didn’t want to step over all those people. Even with that, I’m glad I went. It was a bucket list I was able to check off.
That's how I felt for the Rebs last bowl game at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.

Most large older stadiums are a bit packed in. I have been to game at Texas and LSU, but the Cotton bowl seemed to be another level of small.

Who’s in?

I have heard nothing but great things about Michigan and Ann Arbor. I have a contact there in Detroit. (No hooker)

I didn’t go in 2015.

I definitely would like a wing on this one.

@T Parker @Jspilotro?

No weed for me on this trip.

Anyone on this site?

Let’s get it done!!
It is freaking cold and wet over there.

Grant and I went in 2015 great place to watch a game and fun college town. Weather was perfectly fine in October so am sure September will be even better.

Reactions: RebelScrub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT