ADVERTISEMENT

Big game tonight

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
I certainly don't expect it and people can do what they want, I'm not telling people what to do. But I'd be remiss if I didn't ask for a little decorum after tonight's game, win or lose. There's going to be some chest thumping by one "side" or the other, but it'll probably become very one sided because I have a feeling the "losing side" of this civil war is going to go into hiding for at least a few days after the game.

It's a late game, so it probably won't take full effect until Wednesday morning. It's easy to mark tonight as a pivotal point in this civil war. It's going to boil over or reduce to cool.

These things become easy to predict when you've belonged to a forum this long.

Oklahoma State, Missouri, Illinois, ASU were all heavy "breaking points" on message boards. With a loss, sadly, even if it's a grueling battle down to the wire, I feel like this board is going to explode with one side just not returning for quite some time and the other side having pitchforks and asking for home addresses so they can order moving trucks. Or it ends up a big win and 95% of the board disappears until the next prime opportunity.

It sucks, but this far into it, it's easy to see happening.

My advice is for both "sides" to step away from whatever ledge it is and take a deep breath before posting.

Reactions: RRRRebels
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.