ADVERTISEMENT

Beard's Little Lies

I was bugged by Beards use of "eye contact" as a measure of sincerity and honesty. I just watched his presser again and MM's presser today. It appears he may be on to something. Marvin looks at people around the room, where Beard looks down and even when he turns to address TKM, he is not really making eye contact. He gave away his own 'tell".
It might not be scientific... But man, a lack of eye contact and/or a less than firm handshake have always been tells to me - it says either over the top insecure or not trustworthy.

It might not be scientific... But man, a lack of eye contact and/or a less than firm handshake have always been tells to me - it says either over the top insecure or not trustworthy.
There may be some truth to the rumor Beard knew Tubby might be leaving earlier than when it went down, or at the very least Beard knew he was being insincere with Rebel fans, this was just another stop for a coaching gyppo.

Oh, I watched him tell it. I thought it was great but remember doubting if it was true. I brushed the feeling off because, well, only a phony weirdo would tell a made up story like that.. Holy balls I'm counting my basketball blessings now. Sweet Sweet Marvin Menzies
I thought the moment he told it was a lie, because he had the years off. Tark wasn't at UNLV at the time, and Danny never coached here. They were at Fresno if anywhere, and why would he be spinning UNLV stories while coaching at Fresno. And Tark in a pickup may sell in Texas or Arkansas, but not in Vegas. Seriously. C'mon..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT