ADVERTISEMENT

Back up QB

dcut03

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/aug/18/rebels-backup-qb-battle-nearing-conclusion/

Surprised to see Kurt being the "favorite" for being the #2 right now. After Spring it looked like Stanton was clearly ahead of him, with a good argument to be the starter.

I hope it is from elevated play by Kurt and not disappointing play from Johnny. My gut thinks this may be the case, because after 3 years, all reports indicate Kurt is who he is, which isn't a very good passer.

Anyone have any insight?

Good to have depth at the position. Kurt is a good athlete. They should let him get in there sometimes and run around. Maybe even run the Wildcat!!

Sanchez mentions in the article that its going to come down to decision making. It seems like that has always been an issue for Stanton. Maybe he is just trying to send a message to Stanton that he needs to keep his play up or he might get passed.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/aug/18/rebels-backup-qb-battle-nearing-conclusion/

Surprised to see Kurt being the "favorite" for being the #2 right now. After Spring it looked like Stanton was clearly ahead of him, with a good argument to be the starter.

I hope it is from elevated play by Kurt and not disappointing play from Johnny. My gut thinks this may be the case, because after 3 years, all reports indicate Kurt is who he is, which isn't a very good passer.

Anyone have any insight?

Stanton should move to H-back or TE.

I am glad we finally have a 4 year QB again!!
Kinda Reminds me of the PG issues in hoops. Critical position, obviously. Those with experience aren't as good as we hoped.... guys QB for a year, half a year, split time.... it's just unstable and has been unproductive when it comes to any sort of consistency.

Kinda Reminds me of the PG issues in hoops. Critical position, obviously. Those with experience aren't as good as we hoped.... guys QB for a year, half a year, split time.... it's just unstable and has been unproductive when it comes to any sort of consistency.

Ask Dave Rice how important a point guard is. His teams would have been better with a seasoned point guard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT