ADVERTISEMENT

Back at Sam Boyd

RebelMan5000

Conference POY
Jun 20, 2018
Got the email from UNLV today that the LA Tech game will be played at Sam Boyd and possibly ASU as well. Pretty embarrassing situation. Slightly cheaper season this year since we aren't being charged for that game though.

Got the email from UNLV today that the LA Tech game will be played at Sam Boyd and possibly ASU as well. Pretty embarrassing situation. Slightly cheaper season this year since we aren't being charged for that game though.
It is a bit embarrassing for UNLV, but it also reflects poorly on the Raiders for not being able to work this out. This should send a clear message, as if it wasn't already clear enough, that the Raiders are out for themselves and that they don't care about the local community. IMO

It is a bit embarrassing for UNLV, but it also reflects poorly on the Raiders for not being able to work this out. This should send a clear message, as if it wasn't already clear enough, that the Raiders are out for themselves and that they don't care about the local community. IMO

It will reflect particularly poorly if they end up not even having any events on those dates they are not letting the rebels play there. The stadium is going to massively miss their revenue estimates the first year due to the pandemic so at this point I dont blame them for taking a larger revenue event over a unlv/la tech game. But this issue predates the virus so they look bad regardless.

Reactions: Wolv RU
Yeah, this is a two way street. Both screwed up.

F the Raiders, I hope they bomb anyway............it continues the Mickey Mouse operation at UNLV, will it ever end?

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
On Feb 7, 2019, UNLV said:
"UNLV Athletics has announced its 2019 football season ticket renewal packages, including the new Faithful Fan Pricing initiative. Fans purchasing season tickets this year may purchase season tickets for the same price per game in the new Las Vegas Stadium opening in 2020. The Faithful Fan Price was developed to reward loyalty and is the latest in a recent string of innovative ticketing strategies UNLV has announced in the past year to increase fan engagement." (Granted, doesn't say same seats, just price per game but, it's implied?)

<RANT>Faithful Fan Pricing is a misnomer. They should've gone with the alliteration Faithful Fan Fleecing (yeah, I had something else there but kept it family oriented).
If I want tickets in the same area that I've had for years, it shows that it will be $230 per season ticket when last year it was $115 per ticket. UNLV side, 40-yard line seats, one section over from the middle and we sat in the row above the portal.
2019 - $115/6 homes games = ~$19 per game.
2020 - $230/7 homes games = ~$32 per game.
BUT - if you take them at their word of "same price per game in the new LV Stadium" that's 5x$19 LV stadium games = ($95) + free LaTech + $135 for ASU? Uh, can I skip ASU?

This isn't that. </RANT>

Link to sections and pricing:
https://ev2.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom...IEW&dataAccId=346&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_unlv

Renewals at UNLVTickets: https://www.unlvtickets.com/rebel-football/renewals/

And that is still $145 less than the unfaithful ones so maybe I should be more grateful?

Maybe I'm missing something and the rant is unjustified. I've been going to games since '78, doesn't get much more faithful.

If I want tickets in the same area that I've had for years, it shows that it will be $230 per season ticket when last year it was $115 per ticket. UNLV side, 40-yard line seats, one section over from the middle and we sat in the row above the portal.
2019 - $115/6 homes games = ~$19 per game.
2020 - $230/7 homes games = ~$32 per game..

I could be reading this wrong, but...

Those also appear to have mandatory RAF donation. C111 has $75, C110 $50, C109 $40, and $25 for many (all) others. I would hope that's per a RAF donation per account and not per seat, but it is probably per seat. Not per game though.

...hopefully...

If you are in equivalent locations to last season, and didn't pay an RAF fee, then you wouldn't pay one now. I have been in RAF seats in the past, but decided to move over a little and not pay the additional fee. Considering UNLV spent a bunch of money on an attorney to make sure UNLV was treated fairly, and now we end up with 1-2 games not played at the new stadium says very little about the current AD or the law firm she hired.

Also, considering the Las Vegas stadium authority, which is completely appointed by governmental entities, it is obvious they are not doing their job and could have easily forced the issue regarding the games also being played in the stadium. http://lvstadiumauthority.com/about/index.php?memID=10

Reactions: Wolv RU
I could be reading this wrong, but...

Those also appear to have mandatory RAF donation. C111 has $75, C110 $50, C109 $40, and $25 for many (all) others. I would hope that's per a RAF donation per account and not per seat, but it is probably per seat. Not per game though.

...hopefully...

If you are in equivalent locations to last season, and didn't pay an RAF fee, then you wouldn't pay one now. I have been in RAF seats in the past, but decided to move over a little and not pay the additional fee. Considering UNLV spent a bunch of money on an attorney to make sure UNLV was treated fairly, and now we end up with 1-2 games not played at the new stadium says very little about the current AD or the law firm she hired.

Also, considering the Las Vegas stadium authority, which is completely appointed by governmental entities, it is obvious they are not doing their job and could have easily forced the issue regarding the games also being played in the stadium. http://lvstadiumauthority.com/about/index.php?memID=10

When I looked at the page with renewal rates, I missed the upper text part and skipped straight to the map. Yeah, those $priorityfees are already included in the amounts. I rescind my comment, but my ignorance stands! :)

I think my friend figured it out. I forgot about the promotion of 2-for-1 that UNLV ran for the last several years. Apparently the custom is rescinding and continuing ignorance. Done and done.

I think my friend figured it out. I forgot about the promotion of 2-for-1 that UNLV ran for the last several years. Apparently the custom is rescinding and continuing ignorance. Done and done.
That was an Alumni Assoc right? I'm not surprised that it's gone, but it is really a bummer. If they maintained that there would actually be a shot at hitting 40k for a game this year :(

That was an Alumni Assoc right? I'm not surprised that it's gone, but it is really a bummer. If they maintained that there would actually be a shot at hitting 40k for a game this year :(
This is the revised alumni discount for football tickets:

" Regarding UNLV Football at Allegiant Stadium, a $100 Scarlet Loyal gift designated to UNLV Athletics / Drive for 5 campaign will earn Alumni a 25% discount, on a maximum of 4 tickets, in any Lower Bowl / 100-level section excluding the VVIP Clubs. This will go into effect for the 2020 football season."

This is the revised alumni discount for football tickets:

" Regarding UNLV Football at Allegiant Stadium, a $100 Scarlet Loyal gift designated to UNLV Athletics / Drive for 5 campaign will earn Alumni a 25% discount, on a maximum of 4 tickets, in any Lower Bowl / 100-level section excluding the VVIP Clubs. This will go into effect for the 2020 football season."

Ahh, thanks! Since they switched over to the Rebel Forever (?) program... well, quite frankly I'm not sure how that works. That was extended to all alumni, right? Like I wasn't a lifetime member before, was annual since I was a recent grad the $ made way more sense. If I dropped $100 into Scarlet Loyal today, would I get 25% discount?

Maybe I should just ask the folks when they email for seat selection :)

by the way, has anybody received seat selection email yet? They said they intended on beginning on 4/27 with emails going out a week before. I'm Group #1, but not sure how deep into G1 I am.

Everything that I have been told up to this point says that I still get the 2:1 on my season tickets. When I paid for tickets last season, I was told I would have the same deal this next season. If that isn't true then I need to know that now, and rethink my tickets.

Everything I have so far seen from the UNLV athletic department, has shown me they are going back to the same old screwed up athletic department we have known and loved for decades. They are ignoring things like how are we handling parking, do we pay for parking, where are we going to play the Arizona State game (it appears that due to a screwed up AD and attorneys that represented UNLV we will definitely not play the Tech game at the new stadium)? They don't even know yet if we are going to be allowed to attend the games, but they want us to pay for the tickets, what are the plans if we are not allowed to attend?

They have made a lot of effort to sell the tickets, but none to keep us informed about what is going on?

Last edited:
Reactions: LocoRebel
Everything that I have been told up to this point says that I still get the 2:1 on my season tickets. When I paid for tickets last season, I was told I would have the same deal this next season. If that isn't true then I need to know that now, and rethink my tickets.

Everything I have so far seen from the UNLV athletic department, has shown me they are going back to the same old screwed up athletic department we have known and loved for decades. They are ignoring things like how are we handling parking, do we pay for parking, where are we going to play the Arizona State game (it appears that due to a screwed up AD and attorneys that represented UNLV we will definitely not play the Tech game at the new stadium)? They don't even know yet if we are going to be allowed to attend the games, but they want us to pay for the tickets, what are the plans if we are not allowed to attend?

They have made a lot of effort to sell the tickets, but none to keep us informed about what is going on?
UNLV is inept. We all know that. DRF is a special type of useless.

But regardless of how badly they suck, they have a built in reason for sucking. Covid. Things were fine, they only got mangled because of Covid.

by the way, has anybody received seat selection email yet? They said they intended on beginning on 4/27 with emails going out a week before. I'm Group #1, but not sure how deep into G1 I am.

I'm still wondering about this. Anybody get their email?

I take it I'm the only one happy about this....

I don’t have a problem with SBS but I am not happy they’re playing there next year. The stadium should have been mothballed. For an athletic department that’s struggling I’m pissed they’re going to be putting more money into maintenance and operations to get the place game ready. I personally don’t think UNLV should spend another cent on that place. They should have done that land swap with the County to link the Trop 42 with the main campus and dumped that stadium.

I don’t have a problem with SBS but I am not happy they’re playing there next year. The stadium should have been mothballed. For an athletic department that’s struggling I’m pissed they’re going to be putting more money into maintenance and operations to get the place game ready. I personally don’t think UNLV should spend another cent on that place. They should have done that land swap with the County to link the Trop 42 with the main campus and dumped that stadium.

The realist side of me totally agrees.
The nostalgic side has a lot of good memories there (more friends family tailgating vs actual wins, but I digress).

The ideal situation would have been for UNLV to get a new on campus or nearly on campus stadium around 250m that was theirs vs being tenants.

But I agree with what your saying...

I think an effort has been made. UNLV has finally gone 'in' on football. Is it too late? We'll see.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Rancho just got a new field. Since fans won't be attending games, why not play there? It's "central" in the valley and won't cost much (I'm being partially serious the more that I think about it).
It won't be embarrassing that way since you can blame it on construction delays with Allegiant Silver Bowl. Just say there are foundational issues with the real Silver Bowl and you save how much???

I got my email today (May 7), I asked about cancelled games or people not allow to attend and the ASU game here is the answer I got back:

Hi Tom,

If the season is shortened or cancelled, we would provide a refund, or give you an option to roll it over to the next year, or give as a donation.

We, unfortunately, do not have any additional information on the ASU decision.

uc

Last edited:
The 2 for 1 is no longer an option. It's now 25% off for each additional ticket you'e buying above your original ticket amount. I had 4 last season so if I was going to buy more than 4 each additional ticket is 25% off.

The UNLV Alumni discount has been modified for the 2020 football season. All active Scarlet Loyal UNLV Alumni members can purchase football season tickets at a 25% discount off the regular price (applies to both ticket amount and priority amount). Scarlet Loyal members must designate a minimum $100 alumni contribution to the Athletic Department and receive the discount on season tickets. The Alumni discount is available in lower bowl 100-level price levels, excluding the VVIP Club and Suites. See below for prices. Limit of four (4) discounted season tickets per account/household.

https://www.unlvtickets.com/rebel-football/renewals/

UNLV Rebel Football (at Allegiant Stadium) - Alumni and lifetime members designate a $100 contribution to UNLV Athletics / Drive for 5 campaign and receive a 25% discount (max 4 tickets) in any Lower Bowl /100-level section excluding the VVIP Club sections.

https://engage.unlv.edu/s/1884/giving19/interior.aspx?sid=1884&gid=2&pgid=990

That's how I read these. Not sure when either was published. I also have not yet had my appointment, so maybe I'm off on this one.

Nice how they left out these increase in prices when the told everyone they would be able to keep the lower price! Whoops we didn't tell you that 2:1 is gone.

So the faithful fan pricing goes from $266 for two tickets last year to $560 for two tickets? So you will pay a priority fee of $50 for each ticket and $230 for the tickets each?

From what I can read, It appears if you want to get 25% off as alumni, you pay another $100 drive for 5 donation to get a total of $115 of the price of the tickets, which effectively is almost a wash with the price going down from $560 to $545? Still don't even know where we will park, and if we will be charged a parking fee also?

Would love for clarification? If this is truly the price, I would have saved my money last year.

Last edited:
Nice how they left out these increase in prices when the told everyone they would be able to keep the lower price! Whoops we didn't tell you that 2:1 is gone.

So the faithful fan pricing goes from $266 for two tickets last year to $560 for two tickets? So you will pay a priority fee of $50 for each ticket and $230 for the tickets each?

From what I can read, It appears if you want to get 25% off as alumni, you pay another $100 drive for 5 donation to get a total of $115 of the price of the tickets, which effectively is almost a wash with the price going down from $560 to $545? Still don't even know where we will park, and if we will be charged a parking fee also?

Would love for clarification? If this is truly the price, I would have saved my money last year.
I specifically asked about that alumni price of 25% off and there does not seem to be overlap between what we pay as "faithful fans" with regard to alumni status... I was told the faithful fan price was cheaper than the alumni price if you make that $100 donation for drive for 5. As though the faithful fans won't get 25% off as alumni.

The 2-for-1 was the previous iteration of the alumni discount... but the messaging was NOT CLEAR IN ANY WAY at the time they announced the faithful fan pricing. UNLV really UNLV'd this one up.

Reactions: Doneoett
Yup, i told the ticket person when I called that it was sneaky how they worded it all.

I was looking at the full price, and the same seats that would have cost me $266 for two last season will cost over $850. What am I getting for that except still playing an unknown number of games at Sam Boyd, possible parking fees, and even a ticket purchase fee on top of that. As of right now I am leaning towards not wasting my money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT