ADVERTISEMENT

At least one writer thinks UNLV could go far.

Folks need to chill out on this kind of stuff.

Because of a moratorium on certain info pertaining to practices, namely the QB battle I couldn't go in to much detail in my practice reports.

In short the QB battle was extremely close all through Spring. This had more to do with Stanton performing much better this year vs last year. Rogers has all the tools. Big arm, nice touch on his passes. He can scramble if need be and covers a lot of ground with his long strides. He is also a red shirt freshman a year removed from taking any meaningful snaps.

As I said, he has all the tools but there are going to be struggles as well.

I'm excited for the upcoming season. I'm excited about Rogers potential. I am also realistic about where we still are as a program. 5-7 wins seems about where we should land...

Folks need to chill out on this kind of stuff.

Because of a moratorium on certain info pertaining to practices, namely the QB battle I couldn't go in to much detail in my practice reports.

In short the QB battle was extremely close all through Spring. This had more to do with Stanton performing much better this year vs last year. Rogers has all the tools. Big arm, nice touch on his passes. He can scramble if need be and covers a lot of ground with his long strides. He is also a red shirt freshman a year removed from taking any meaningful snaps.

As I said, he has all the tools but there are going to be struggles as well.

I'm excited for the upcoming season. I'm excited about Rogers potential. I am also realistic about where we still are as a program. 5-7 wins seems about where we should land...
Booooo

I don't think any of us need to chill out. I was surprised to read the article, and agree that 5-7 wins is more realistic, but I am also happy that at least one reporter sees a possibility to do even better. A small article like this helps to change the culture both inside and outside of Rebel football. An article like this could change the minds of a couple of people and sell a couple more season tickets, or may be just enough to bring in one more 3* recruit that was on the fence where he wants to play. We have to start somewhere and keep grinding away to build a better program.

I don't think any of us need to chill out. I was surprised to read the article, and agree that 5-7 wins is more realistic, but I am also happy that at least one reporter sees a possibility to do even better. A small article like this helps to change the culture both inside and outside of Rebel football. An article like this could change the minds of a couple of people and sell a couple more season tickets, or may be just enough to bring in one more 3* recruit that was on the fence where he wants to play. We have to start somewhere and keep grinding away to build a better program.

Did I say you need to chill out? I said people in general need to relax and not put unnecessary pressure on this kid.

We've been down this road before with a highly touted QB. Rocky Hines ring a bell?

I'm not telling people not to be excited. I am advising against unrealistic expectations in year one of the Armani Rogers era. This program requires a slow build. There are no quick fixes to a program that has been down as long as this one has been.

That isn't negative its a realistic view of where we are.

Last year everybody was excited for about 2 weeks and the second we lost to Idaho the boo birds, the bandwagon fans and the fence sitters came out in full force.

So again, I advise cautious optimism over unrealistic hyperbole.

The article is great for UNLV, its cool we are getting players that create some excitement.

Oddly enough that reporter probably made as many practices as our local pundits and 'insiders'.

An article written in Athlon believes that with Armani Rogers, UNLV has a chance to get to the MWC championship game. That is a far jump from what most of us expect, but it is still nice to read.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/group-five-wild-card-players-2017
Some of the Sports book think we are going to be a lot better just by the odds they posted!

The Odds to Win the MWC Championship according to Vegas Insider

ODDS TO WIN 2017 MWC CHAMPIONSHIP (12/2/17)
Team Odds

Boise State +150
StD State 5/2
Colorado State 3/1
Wyoming 5/1
Utah State 6/1
Air Force 8/1
Hawaii 12/1
UNLV 15/1
New Mexico 15/1
Reno 25/1
San Jose State 50/1
Fresno State 50/1

Some of the Sports book think we are going to be a lot better just by the odds they posted!

The Odds to Win the MWC Championship according to Vegas Insider

ODDS TO WIN 2017 MWC CHAMPIONSHIP (12/2/17)
Team Odds

Boise State +150
StD State 5/2
Colorado State 3/1
Wyoming 5/1
Utah State 6/1
Air Force 8/1
Hawaii 12/1
UNLV 15/1
New Mexico 15/1
Reno 25/1
San Jose State 50/1
Fresno State 50/1

Some interesting lines.

Relax...ONE person needs to chill out on this stuff...no one here has unrealistic expectations of this program. We've all been disappointed time after time thinking 'this' was going to be the year we turn the corner. We here see SOME light at the end of the tunnel but know the tunnel is still long.

As for pressure? If he's going to be any good, the kid needs to learn to play under pressure, no? Even if it STARTS with one article, because if he shows any semblance of competence that have lacked in so many of our past QB's, then that ONE article and that ONE folk, will turn into many, and how much pressure is that going to be?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT