ADVERTISEMENT

ASU Game

Very nice! Has anyone heard anything about having the La Tech game in Allegiant as well? I won't hold my breath, but I can dream.

Very nice! Has anyone heard anything about having the La Tech game in Allegiant as well? I won't hold my breath, but I can dream.
That game has been confirmed to be at SBS. I would be surprised if there is an effort to move it. UNLV has already announced it and for season ticket holders it's being regarded as "free"*...but I'm excited ASU game is at Allegiant!

* - TINSTAAFL

Reactions: RebelMan5000
Has anyone heard anything about having the La Tech game in Allegiant as well? I won't hold my breath, but I can dream.

I love how UNLV is calling the Louisiana Tech game a free game? I didn't see them reduce the price of season tickets?

The problem for UNLV is that they came out with the "loyal fan" deal so that we could pay the same as last season for our seats (if we would have taken worse seats, at least in my case) and the tickets last season were for only six home games. So that is how home game #7 becomes "free", and also to reduce the complaining about it being in Boyd.

The other problem with having the very rare 7 home game season is that the compensation that UNLV gets to help offset the "operating costs" of playing in Allegiant are the same whether it is for 6 games or 7, but the operating costs are not the same. But if the games end up being in empty stadiums, then the operating costs less overall, so maybe it becomes more reasonable.

But it is unlikely that the LaTech game will move. The problem is that the Rebels and LaTech play on Saturday and the Raiders host the Rams either Thursday or Friday night. They didn't want to do the first-ever overnight field switch on October 24th after the CSU game, so they certainly won't want to do it on Sept 5th. That sounds like you need a massive overtime budget to get that done.

UNLV had to agree to moving the date of the Colorado State game but that trade is well worth it for UNLV. CSU is now a Friday game.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...t-to-play-arizona-state-at-allegiant-2032583/
The idea that this is anything other than Raiders wanting to make sure UNLV knows who is in charge is ridiculous. Nothing about UNLV's home game vs CSU on Saturday, October 14 getting moved to Friday, October 13 is relevant to UNLV playing a home game at Allegiant Stadium against ASU on September 12 while the Raiders are already confirmed to be on the road. If they want to not look like bullies, it would be best to outright say "we can't flip the field as fast as we thought we could, can you do us a solid and try to move your game up a day? You'll get ASU at Allegiant either way" ... To me, Raiders continue to look bad.

This is as a lifelong Raiders fan.

I am wrong? Maybe we are in different states? Without question Sisolak used the stadium approval to win his election.

We're getting close to California as far as politics goes. Too many people have moved across the border. The real race for Governor will be in the primary. Once the primary is won whoever the Democrat is will be the winner. For the next few cycles this could be overcome by a well known and charismatic Republican but I don't expect it. In 10-12 years it won't make any difference how well the republican presents himself/herself, it will be a one party (Democrat) state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT