ADVERTISEMENT

Arroyo Out?!?!

I would have been okay with giving him another year but honestly I didn’t think he was going to get it done next year either. If he’s not the guy might as well move on now. Especially if the AD already has a big name coach willing to come here.

You said a few weeks ago he didn't have a lot of friends in the building.

I was on the fence with him at this point.

Was Hawaii loss the last straw?

I really hope I don't hear the words Search Firm.
Too late. The Rebel Foundation email sent out this morning contained those exact words. Hahaha

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Canon painting at 1130 and press conference at 1030...Ouch..
I love it. Set the precedent for a winning culture without the guy who went 1-10 in one score games. The one win he almost lost after being favored by 12.5 against the worst team in Reno history.

Happy we have an AD with some gumption.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I love it. Set the precedent for a winning culture without the guy who went 1-10 in one score games. The one win he almost lost after being favored by 12.5.

Gonna need more than gumption to be successful. The biggest thing we're gonna need is money. First of all, we'll need how much to buy out Arroyo? I believe his salary was 1.55 for 2023 and 1.6 for 2024, and his buyout is 75% of remaining contract if UNLV fires him. So before we even talk about a new coach, we need to come up with $2.36 million to buy out Arroyo.

If they waste that much to buy him out, and then don't have big bucks to replace him with a top tier coach, then what's the point? A bad hire will cost Harper his job, and probably limit his future job opportunities.

I love it. Set the precedent for a winning culture without the guy who went 1-10 in one score games. The one win he almost lost after being favored by 12.5.

Yes smart move because coaching circles aren't tight and word of how a guy was treated definitely won't get around.

In reality it sets no standard nor any precedents.

No coach is going to look at that and think 'These dudes aren't fooling around, I better do a great job!'

If anything it's bad optics.

It could cause an exodus of players to the portal who feel their coach was treated poorly. You may not like him but many of the players will. Hauck got crushed on these boards, that was definitely not the sentiment of his players though. Hauck's best player Devante Davis told my brother and I Hauck had a huge positive impact on him in becoming a man. Loved the guy.

They better have something in the works, because the next coach will have to do double duty in recruiting. Current and future players.

Gonna need more than gumption to be successful. The biggest thing we're gonna need is money. First of all, we'll need how much to buy out Arroyo? I believe his salary was 1.55 for 2023 and 1.6 for 2024, and his buyout is 75% of remaining contract if UNLV fires him. So before we even talk about a new coach, we need to come up with $2.36 million to buy out Arroyo.

If they waste that much to buy him out, and then don't have big bucks to replace him with a top tier coach, then what's the point? A bad hire will cost Harper his job, and probably limit his future job opportunities.
You’re last paragraph is exactly why I feel that things are in place this time, money and coach.

Yes smart move because coaching circles aren't tight and word of how a guy was treated definitely won't get around.

No coach is going to look at that and think 'These dudes aren't fooling around, I better do a great job!'

It could cause an exodus of players to the portal who feel their coach was treated poorly. You may not like him but many of the players will. Hauck got crushed on these boards, that was definitely not the sentiment if his players though. Hauck's best player Devante Davis told my brother and I Hauck had a huge positive impact on him in becoming a man. Loved the guy.

They better have something in the works, because the next coach will have to do double duty in recruiting. Current and future players.
Wi9zb3VyY2UuZ2lm.gif

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1

It could cause an exodus of players to the portal who feel their coach was treated poorly. You may not like him but many of the players will. Hauck got crushed on these boards, that was definitely not the sentiment if his players though. Hauck's best player Devante Davis told my brother and I Hauck had a huge positive impact on him in becoming a man. Loved the guy.

This times 10000000000. Unless they already have a couple of options ready to go, this is a bad move. If by some miracle UNLV planned ahead and has someone ready to go, they better be something huge otherwise the transfer portal from UNLV is going to be a mass exodus. 98% of me believes there is nothing planned. The 2% of me says maybe because I'm not sure the President would sign off on a firing with a $2.5M buyout hanging over our heads. There has to be some cash from somewhere.

Mendenhall with Rocky Long (Bronco's mentor) at DC is starting to grow on me. There is a 1% chance that happens, but I'd be cool with it.

It could cause an exodus of players to the portal who feel their coach was treated poorly. You may not like him but many of the players will. Hauck got crushed on these boards, that was definitely not the sentiment of his players though. Hauck's best player Devante Davis told my brother and I Hauck had a huge positive impact on him in becoming a man. Loved the guy.

Love Devante , have to mention that he a successful businessman since school and not playing on Sunday's. We need a coach who can mentor the man and coach up the player.

It won't happen but this would be the perfect job for coach prime if he's really looking for a step up from Jackson St.
Deion is not looking for a step up. He's waiting to just arrive on the national level. He's already getting multiple P5 calls. He doesn't need UNLV.

Deion is not looking for a step up. He's waiting to just arrive on the national level. He's already getting multiple P5 calls. He doesn't need UNLV.
What P5 have openings?? Of those openings what are the chances of him winning there?? Of the P5 schools there are maybe 25% chance of winning at a hire level no matter who you hire. PLUS NOBODY on these boards knows what Deion is thinking. Including me.

Just wow, and I am glad, losing to Hawaii was it, but it goes way back at San Jose, he made no adjustments at all, team just wilted like a soggy leaf.

Winning 5 games this year meant nothing.

So lets see how the AD gets, I just hope administration is serious now, what they need to do and they have some boosters ready to pony up.

I'm honestly surprised.

This move sort of speaks like they have someone in mind that's basically signed already.

Good thing there's no historical evidence of UNLV coaches being 'locks' and falling through.
That is a good thing, otherwise I'd be nervous...

Wait...

• Haha
Reactions: Couev
Here’s some good news. Hopefully the job he did at UNLV hasn’t tarnished his name so bad that he can’t land another job. Really hoping someone gives him an OC position and we’re off the hook paying him nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT