ADVERTISEMENT

Any word..

dcut03

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
on when Arroyo will start? Will he still coach Oregon's bowl game?

If he's the head coach he needs to start now. Hit the recruiting trail as early signing is coming up.

He has a lot of good stuff to sell recruits on.
Absolutely - that said, theres a 2 week dead period between ESP and the bowl game. Of course, if he doesnt have a staff put together, I expect him to be doing that. Also gonna be a ton of stuff to do for support staff - bringing in his own teach tape and game film, working with strength staff if hes not bringing in new guy (maybe we get Oregon's #2?), familiarity with staff, facilities, etc.

I've heard he'll try to lock up our recruits, sign his assistants, get additional recruits then rejoin Oregon for the a week or so before the Rose Bowl. I believe that is a dead period.

I've heard he'll try to lock up our recruits, sign his assistants, get additional recruits then rejoin Oregon for the a week or so before the Rose Bowl. I believe that is a dead period.

I heard he has a financial incentive, I believe $45,000 (app.) to coach in the Rose Bowl. I think it would be a good move. It will give him a chance to finish what he started but could also possibly sell UNLV to his seniors as a Grad Transfer option. Plus possible national TV exposure for UNLV when they show him & talk about his move to UNLV as our HC. As long as he gets his staff in order, since it is a dead period, I have no problem with him Coaching the Ducks in the Rose Bowl.

I disagree. He was hired to build a program. He has a very limited timeframe to work with regarding this 2020 recruiting class. He has a hell of alot of stuff to do here at his new program. Oregon will be fine without him... He's a rebel now.

Coaching the bowl game means that he's leaving on good terms. I remember a few years ago with Lane kiffin left Alabama or should I say was forced to leave Alabama to take the job at FAU.

I think it depends on what needs to be done.

Preparing for the Rose Bowl is going to take time. The game itself isn't that big of a deal.

If he has his staff set, he's talked to current players, and it is in a dead period, then I sure go for it.

But those other things are pretty important so I'm not sure coaching in the Rose Bowl would be worth it.

And guess what? His absence will also have the announcers mention that he came to UNLV. Perhaps not as much since you won't see him there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT