ADVERTISEMENT

Any Hoops News…

Please?! Anyone, anything!
The political stuff is beyond nauseating!
No hoop news, but I'm guessing Babacar mbengue will be the last roster spot filled. Of course I was wrong on my first guess with Jazz Gardner and that was kind of me hoping it was him. Do you have any thoughts on who it might be?

Interesting. Maybe a reclass? Or maybe some sub par grades that he’s handling with summer school?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Or just wait until July and go about your lives
I Dont Want To No Way GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

That's why I'm on here

Doug would have been an interesting guy at an interesting time for us as a HC at UNLV!
I like Doug as an analyst for the most part. I think he knows the game well.

But he would have been even less qualified than KK. Which doesn't mean that he couldn't get it done, just like with Kevin.

Say what you want about the previous 2 coaches, but at least they took teams to the dance as head coaches

But he would have been even less qualified than KK. Which doesn't mean that he couldn't get it done, just like with Kevin.

Say what you want about the previous 2 coaches, but at least they took teams to the dance as head coaches
He’d be the least qualified coach in UNLV history. It was a non-starter, wasn’t going to happen, thankfully. We’ve had high impact formers that are not qualified but more qualified than Doug.

You have to coach somewhere and get some experience.

He knew some people that could make some sort of behind the scenes push to see if it gained any traction. It didn’t. Thankfully.

That doesn’t mean he can’t coach or he couldn’t have had success, I have no idea. But I do believe you have to prove something somewhere. That’s what smaller schools are for (as head). That’s what assistant coach positions are for. You don’t just walk in and say “I was a decent college player and my father coached AAU” and grab a job like UNLV.

As an analyst, he’s pretty good. But Greg is really good. And he’s a homegrown, he’s a legend here, played in the NBA … and guess what? Even he would be a difficult push.

Reactions: dcut03

I love it when he calls our games - he is one dude i would love to just talk hoops with

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT