ADVERTISEMENT

Any Brumfield updates?

LVRebel2000

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2011
Las Vegas
I've asked in a couple threads over the past few days, but haven't heard back. Does anyone know what Brumfield's injury is, and how long he's expected to be out? Will he be back for the FSU game?

Also, how did Martell look vs ISU? Was he only in there for 1 series, or did he get a couple?

Thanks in advance

I've asked in a couple threads over the past few days, but haven't heard back. Does anyone know what Brumfield's injury is, and how long he's expected to be out? Will he be back for the FSU game?

Also, how did Martell look vs ISU? Was he only in there for 1 series, or did he get a couple?

Thanks in advance
Brumfield is back practicing and hopefully will be ready to start this Friday.

It is difficult to judge Friel or Martell from the ISU game. It was completely disjointed. They weren't just alternating series, they were alternating plays within a series.

Having said that, Martell is now in a walking boot and will miss 2-3 weeks, so I wouldn't expect to see anything from him anytime soon.

Thanks in advance

Hard to make a fair analysis of Martell based on that game.

Shuffled in and out.

Said it in another thread, he could come in and be great, but there may not be enough around him that it matters much.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Glad we’re kinda loaded at the QB position.

I dunno anything but I expect to see more Cameron Friel against FSU if Brumfield isn’t healthy.

IMO, the team looked completely different when Brumfeld was playing.

Agreed.

Brumfield may not be the long term answer, but I've been pretty impressed by his play.

He's shown a lot of poise.

He's not as dangerous a runner as Armani, but, he's capable enough, which keeps the read option effective. In turn it takes pressure of Chuck.

He's put the ball on target and on time. His completion percentage takes a hit because the number of drops. At least 6 or seven in the time he played.

In two games he's put the ball in danger a couple times. One on a pass he got hit on, the other looked like a miscommunication with receiver, not sure who that was on.

Reactions: Rebel1986

Thanks in advance
You gonna drop some money on Fresno St? It looks like easy money for Fresno if a brum field doesn’t play..

I would love to see our QB pass for over 200 yards, and eventually pass for 250+ every week. I know the offensive line and offensive scheme have something to do with that but imagine the balance we’d have and what that could possibly turn into.. wins, bowls maybe a bigger conference. This UNLV man can only dream!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT