ADVERTISEMENT

Another reason bowl chances are slim.

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
Beyond the obvious...

But on top of the needed 6 wins for bowl eligibility, the other issue is bowl tie ins.

I believe the MWC has six.

Fair to assume that Boise State takes one (more on that in a second).

USU takes one. So we are down to four.

Hawaii looks positioned to take one. Down to 3.

SDSU likely gets one. Down to two.

Fresno most likely gets to six wins. Down to one.

Wyoming is well positioned to get to a bowl already being at four wins and a P5 scalp to their credit. That covers all the tie ins.

Air Force could also get to six wins.

So lets say Boise State gets a New Years day bowl opening a slot.

It would still be difficult for UNLV, even at 6 wins to get an invite. Air Force would likely get it..

Its not like UNLV fans travel well..

Moot! ...there it is!!!

... there's a party over here, and party over there. Wave your hands in the air, shake your derrière. These 3 words when your getting busy. Moot! there it is... let me hear you say....

Moot! ...there it is!!!

... there's a party over here, and party over there. Wave your hands in the air, shake your derrière. These 3 words when your getting busy. Moot! there it is... let me hear you say....

That's why I said a 3-1 start was imperative. The drop to a 2-2 start made things significantly harder. A 1-3 start barring a miracle turn around all but eliminated them.

Still 8 games to go...I'll be out there this weekend waving the Hey Reb flag like an idiot. Hoping for the upset win..Who knows, maybe the Rebs catch lightning in a bottle..All you can do is make noise and hope.

Reactions: RebelinWA
That's why I said a 3-1 start was imperative. The drop to a 2-2 start made things significantly harder. A 1-3 start barring a miracle turn around all but eliminated them.

Still 8 games to go...I'll be out there this weekend waving the Hey Reb flag like an idiot. Hoping for the upset win..Who knows, maybe the Rebs catch lightning in a bottle..All you can do is make noise and hope.
Yes, I can see them winning then shit the bed and lose the rest of their games.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Is there an actual stat of UNLV fans traveling to Bowl games? Just wondering.

I've been to the last 2.

That might be it...

They will be lucky to get half of the required wins to go to a bowl this year.

Its starting to look that way.

I thought the 3.5 line was low. Even though I wasn't high on them coming into the year, I thought 4-5 wins was well within reach..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT