ADVERTISEMENT

Another one🎲

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
Just got word that another transfer is on the way! This may be our biggest transfer ever. He was the top wideout at his former school and I'll just say he was in the spotlight and handled it very well. He will be playing on Sundays next year.

This is one to get very excited about. The future is bright!

Last edited:
I don't want to spill all the beans but I promise y'all will be excited for this offensive commitment! I'd never steer you all wrong.

We have a lot of reinforcements coming!

We have 2 transfer kickers coming in!

Kickers are not to be discussed on these boards.

You're new here so I'll allow it this once.

If you want to discuss kicking a ball there is an OT thread about something called 'The World Cup'.

Anything the French or South American countries with the GDP of Rhode Island are good at, is not a sport.

And kickers and their step brothers known as punters will not be celebrated or discussed here...

Sorry. Those are the rules.

🙂

Kickers are just converted soccer players and not really football players. What about long snappers? Do they qualify as football players or are they football players that couldn't make it at a real position. 🤷‍♂️
Them kickers always puckered their butt out before their kicks. Not cool....

Kickers are just converted soccer players and not really football players. What about long snappers? Do they qualify as football players or are they football players that couldn't make it at a real position. 🤷‍♂️

They are football players. They run down on punt coverage, they block and actually attempt to make tackles.

Also I thought there was a stud defensive player, yet to be revealed?
Hasn't publicly committed yet, but it should be soon. I'm in no position to announce a players commitment before they make it public themselves. He's a monster though, Juco all American.
When will this super stud offensive player be announced?
I have no idea when this player will publicly announce.

Do we have anybody that can throw a pass to any of these receivers we have? Hoping a freshman comes in and lights it up. Been a long time.

I like Doug and the effort he has put out for the Rebs but what can you point to that he has done in the last 3 years that would lead you to believe he can be a gunslinger QB?
None of our QB’s have done anything to make me believe that they are the one? So it should be best man wins and we all know Brumfield best out Bailey last year, so if Bailey is your guy in this, he’s 0-1!

None of our QB’s have done anything to make me believe that they are the one? So it should be best man wins and we all know Brumfield best out Bailey last year, so if Bailey is your guy in this, he’s 0-1!
Nothing about Arroyos tenure leads me to believe he actually could evaluate the QB spot. Brumfield only beat him out because he knew the playbook vs Bailey transferring in and trying to learn whatever Arroyo had for bubble screens. That's the only reason Doug started game 1.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
Doug did go 4-1 to start the season and you cannot take that away from him! Bailey has done very little in comparison. I want to see the best man win the job nothing less!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I have no doubt UNLV would have done much better if they could have protected Doug better, but I also believe Doug put himself into positions that put him at a higher risk of injury, and I am not sure if he will be able to do any better this year regarding getting injured again!

Doug Brumfield is easily the most talented QB on the UNLV roster. With better health and coaching, he shopuld take another step forward this year.

Reactions: rebel5280
Doug Brumfield is easily the most talented QB on the UNLV roster. With better health and coaching, he shopuld take another step forward this year.
Questionable.
He looked good against bad teams early in the year but relied too often on his legs to move the sticks rather than his arms, and that cost him physically, and at times not very efficient. His passing was mediocre and he missed WRs that he shouldve hit. It just happens to have looked like the most competent individual we've had there for a while so its easy to over value what he did. He had 1 game over 300 yards vs our worst opponent and only threw for 10 TDs. Again, outside Idaho St. game he only had 1 multi-TD passing game.
While the offense in conference ranked 3rd somehow, his individual passing statistics by comparison were not great. His 10 TD passes put him behind everyone except Reno, AF, and UNM. Im not saying he can't get better with better play calling and coaching, but even Jaylen Mayden was a statistically better QB, and he was a safety up till October.
And he might work out very well in the Go-go system, but Im not sold on his ability to escape an entire season uninjured and if you want to have a successful year, we need to have consistency at the QB spot.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT