ADVERTISEMENT

Another Morgan...

He needs some meat on him. I'm pretty lean and at the same weight but he's got 5 inches on me in height.

Nice pick up. Another solid player who isn't going into this thinking he's a one-and-done and bringing along all the bad habits, selfish tendencies, and other baggage that go along with those kinds of expectations. Only thing I worry about is loading up on freshmen and handicapping our longer term recruiting goals but Coach Menzies knows what he's doing.

At the moment, it looks like there will be 9 scholarship players next year. That leaves 4 scholarships open for next year or for late pickups this year. I don't think any of the 9 players so far on the 2016-2017 roster will be a senior next year, so we don't pick up a scholarship through graduation, just attrition which I have seen too much of lately!

Having a young team of players who can grow into roles plays well in the short term because MM is going to get a free pass from most of us next year with respect to wins and losses. Speaking for myself, I am going to be mostly interested in seeing improvement in both the individual players and the way they play offense and defense together.

That Jordy dude has offers from some big programs including Arizona, a bunch of Big 10 schools, etc. He is big too. Not some tall frail weakling as usually the case with freshmen. Menzies Canadian connections couldn't hurt plus the fact that UNLV has scholarship opportunities for his brother gives them an edge over the power 5 teams.

Reactions: manic water
Nice pick up. Another solid player who isn't going into this thinking he's a one-and-done and bringing along all the bad habits, selfish tendencies, and other baggage that go along with those kinds of expectations. Only thing I worry about is loading up on freshmen and handicapping our longer term recruiting goals but Coach Menzies knows what he's doing.
If I never see one of those again, I will be content.

Love that Zion M passes the ball. That's a rarity.

It's also been reported that only Jordy is visiting UNLV this weekend. It's not impossible, but the little brother could be checking out Vegas for both of them. I see us getting this kid. He's supposed to announce his decision on Monday.

It's also been reported that only Jordy is visiting UNLV this weekend. It's not impossible, but the little brother could be checking out Vegas for both of them. I see us getting this kid. He's supposed to announce his decision on Monday.
I think we only have 3 official visits left, that's not a bad idea. who doesn't like 2 for 1 deals. :)

...I suppose that depends on the 2 for 1 deal. I can think of many scenarios where a 2 for 1 doesn't exactly go your way ;)

If I never see one of those again, I will be content.

Love that Zion M passes the ball. That's a rarity.
I have no idea why we make such blanket statements on here. Rashad and Zimm were both one and done, both worked extremely hard, were good teammates, played even when injured, were humble, and represented UNLV with great class. Oh, and were terrific players. Its ridiculous to blanket them all.

On an individual basis most of the players tried hard, they just didn't have a coach that was able to put the puzzle together correctly so that they would play as a team. Hopefully, with a group of mid level players we can see them stay around 3-4 years and become a fluid team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT