ADVERTISEMENT

Altee Tenpenny passed away.

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
Saw this tweeted by a couple of sources but it appears the former Alabama player died yesterday.

He was arrested on gun charges on Sunday.

He was kicked off the UNLV team for violation of team rules. Reports are surfacing it was drug related.

Could not find much detail about his passing.

I heard it was a car accident, drugs could have been involved though. I haven't seen anything about drugs however.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/REPORT-Ex-Tide-RB-Altee-Tenpenny-passes-away-40435167

REPORT: Ex-Tide RB Altee Tenpenny passes away
Charlie Potter

Former Alabama running back Altee Tenpenny reportedly passed away in a car accident Tuesday night, according to ArkansasVarsity.com's Luke Matheson and several reactions from current Crimson Tide players via Twitter.

Many of UA's current players and Tenpenny's former teammates mourned his loss last Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning, including linebackers Tim Williams and Reggie Ragland and offensive guard Alphonse Taylor.

Tenpenny spent the 2013 and 2014 seasons with Alabama. As a true freshman in 2013, he showed some explosiveness, rushing for 82 yards on 22 carries and scored his first touchdown in a crimson uniform against Kentucky. Last season, Tenpenny averaged more than five yards per touch in a reserve role on the toffensive side of the football.

The former four-star recruit committed to the Crimson Tide out of Little Rock, Ark., in January of 2012. He was the No. 8-rated running back and No. 53 overall prospect in the 2013 recruiting cycle, according to the 247Sports Composite.

Tenpenny decided to leave the Alabama program in January of this year and transferred to UNLV. He was, however, dismissed from UNLV in August and landed with Nicholls State in the same month. Tenpenny was arrested Sunday, Oct. 18, in Louisiana for possession of a firearm and discharging a weapon, according to reports.

Wow. Just wow.

He, evidently, couldn't find what he was looking for in this world. At least he is at peace now. God bless those he left behind.

That is a damn shame. I had the opportunity to speak with the parents of another Rebel currently on the team while practice was going on. The parent housed Tennpenny before he found a place on campus. Said he was a good kid at heart, very respectful, with a lot of talent that had a lot of bad influences in his life. We both agreed after watching him that he was going to be something special. Two days later he got kicked off the team.

Rest easy.

Last edited:
This is sad news. Hate hearing when this kind of thing happens. Tragedies like this remind how delicate life and opportunities truly are and that none of us should ever take things for granted.

I heard it was a car accident, drugs could have been involved though. I haven't seen anything about drugs however.
I might have worded that wrong. He was dismissed from UNLV for violation of team rules. It has been speculated it was for drug possession.

He was arrested for gun possession on Sunday.

The car accident was cause of death, no drugs or alcohol have been reported.

Apologize for the way I worded that initial post, it was a little confusing.

With all the struggles he has had, I wonder if this was an accident, or on purpose? My understanding is that he was kicked off the team only a day or so before, and had most likely run out of options.

Arrested for shooting a gun on Sunday
Kicked off a second team within two months on Monday
Killed on Tuesday in car accident. Can't get much worse than that in a 48hr span.

Sad story.

He was given several chances to make changes and apparently blew all of them. Not the first time and unfortunately not the last time we will heard this happening to someone who was given a golden opportunity and couldnt take advantage of it.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT