ADVERTISEMENT

ABOUT THAT MONEY...

Are you talking about the PAC or the MW?

The MW with all of it's dead weight are getting 6 mil a year with the Pac 2 this seaon.

Taking all of our best media-teams, and more importantly cutting out the dead weight with raise that number substantially. Also media contracts seem to have had a bit of inflation anyway since we last cut our MW deal.

There is absolutely no way our contracts will be all that close when things settle. That is basic math. If you have a pocket full of coins and you move a couple of 4 quarters and a dime to the other pocket. Then add another dime or nickel to that side. The original pocket is out of quaters and will replace those with nickels. ( I think UNLV is two dimes stuck together, and the PAC 2 are quarters for sure.

That new pocket is going to end up with more money the original pocket.
I was referring to the pac. There is no way the mw will come close unless some drastic things happen.

I was referring to the pac. There is no way the mw will come close unless some drastic things happen.
The PAC will easily get above the 6 mil. I think it will be 8. It was 12 with the AAC teams.

Again based off the current MW contract it will be better. Because that is what it is now. Cutting out the dead weight will raise the per team.

This is why they decided to break away and form their own thing. Becuase they can do much better on their own without the MW fluff.

The PAC will easily get above the 6 mil. I think it will be 8. It was 12 with the AAC teams.

Again based off the current MW contract it will be better. Because that is what it is now. Cutting out the dead weight will raise the per team.

This is why they decided to break away and form their own thing. Becuase they can do much better on their own without the MW fluff.
and at this point any team the add will come in at most likely a lesser % payout. So each schools per $ payout will be higher, but is it really worth all the hassle they went through to do that? I mean I get it but also this is just a dumb exercise in ego management and perceived value..

Reactions: bcvegaspt2

Is that 12 with the AAC teams a fact? Or just what the PAC was throwing around? I'd guess that's what they sold the MWC4 original group on. What does it do to the new PAC if they add a team like Sac State as their 8th member?

Reactions: bcvegaspt2
Well not quite what the article says, but I get you. I had read that article previously. Hard to believe though, that the Pac would cover most or all of the Traitors exit fees then only offer Memphis, etc. $2.5M. But then our Commissioner is an idiot.

Per the article:

"At the time, the idea that in less than a year the Pac-12 would be willing to pay roughly $115 million for one-third of the Mountain West seemed unrealistic.

The Pac-12 would be willing to help fund the exit fees, the schools were told, which took away the primary risk factor"

Pretty sure when this whole plan was put in place Texas State, Utep, NMSU, SAC STATE weren't on anybody's bingo cards.

Imagine the PAC meetings might be getting a little snippy about now.

Last edited:

I don’t think it’ll be easy. Osu and wsu numbers are over valued and are high because of who they played previously. Boise and Fresno have been good programs, Boise having a good following in their region. Sdsu and Utah state are not what they were before. But any valuation would be based on how they’re doing now, and not potential.

Is that 12 with the AAC teams a fact? Or just what the PAC was throwing around? I'd guess that's what they sold the MWC4 original group on. What does it do to the new PAC if they add a team like Sac State as their 8th member?
It was reported by a few different outlets even from the Gonzaga insiders.

It makes sense, I don't think it is that far fetched. I think people in general underestimate how much some of our teams drag down our payouts. Also people underestimate the PAC-2's value.

It is not a fact. But while it is true the PAC does not have a contract, they have been very open that they are making these moves under the direction of their TV partners. I think they know exactly which each school brings to the table and probably have a real time number on what payouts will be. They aren't making up numbers and hope to get it, they are using numbers from the TV partners themselves.

I don’t think it’ll be easy. Osu and wsu numbers are over valued and are high because of who they played previously. Boise and Fresno have been good programs, but its not what it was. Same with Sdsu and Utah state. But any valuation would be based on how they’re doing now, and not potential.
It is a combination.

Sure they cannot use the hisotrical data too much, but they have numbers from non conference games and against FCS schools etc. They have a good idea.

Potential is trickier. It plays a role, but I think they want to go with more vetted data over futures. UNLV has very high potential, but it isn't there yet. SJSU has very low potential, because people don't care when they are good.

So far not enough people care now that we are good, which also sucks. I hope it improves.

Utah state dropped the value, but again they are taking a middle tier MW school/media value. It won't drop that much.

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
It was reported by a few different outlets even from the Gonzaga insiders.

It makes sense, I don't think it is that far fetched. I think people in general underestimate how much some of our teams drag down our payouts. Also people underestimate the PAC-2's value.

It is not a fact. But while it is true the PAC does not have a contract, they have been very open that they are making these moves under the direction of their TV partners. I think they know exactly which each school brings to the table and probably have a real time number on what payouts will be. They aren't making up numbers and hope to get it, they are using numbers from the TV partners themselves.

There's truth to this...

One advantage the PAC has is they have all of the audio visual production stuff left over from the original PAC. That cuts into costs of their media deal and any new partners they may have. THE CW or whatever streaming outlet they might get tied with won't need to buy new equipment etc for broadcasts.

I digress.😀

I'm sure they had contingency plans in place.

PLAN A, B, C, D etc.

Well plan A (Memphis and Co) fell through.

Plan B they got half of what they wanted (USU). I truly believe they thought UNLV would cave and take whatever. (We've got enough threads dedicated to what UNLV should or shouldn't have done so not opening that can of worms)

I'm pretty sure they never envisioned it getting to plan C..

There's truth to this...

One advantage the PAC has is they have all of the audio visual productuon stuff left over from the original PAC. That cuts into costs of their media deal and any new partners they may have. THE CW or whatever streaming outlet they might get tied with won't need to buy new equipment etc for broadcasts.

I digress.😀

I'm sure they had contingency plans in place.

PLAN A, B, C, D etc.

Well plan A (Memphis and Co) fell through.

Plan B they got half of what they wanted (USU). I truly believe they thought UNLV would cave and take whatever. (We've got enough threads dedicated to what UNLV should or shouldn't have done so not opening that can of worms)

I'm pretty sure they never envisioned it getting to plan C..
They may be already to plan D

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
It is a combination.

Sure they cannot use the hisotrical data too much, but they have numbers from non conference games and against FCS schools etc. They have a good idea.

Potential is higher. UNLV has very high potential, but it isn't there yet. SJSU has very low potential, because people don't care when they are good.

So far not enough people care now that we are good, which also sucks. I hope it improves.

Utah state dropped the value, but again they are taking a middle tier MW school/media value. It won't drop that much.
I have no doubt they’ll be valued more than the MW. Unless Gloria is successful in adding all of NIU, Toledo, NMSU, Texas State, Gonzaga, St Mary’s and GCU.

But there isn’t a prayer for the Pac getting to the $12.5m potential that they’re trying to sell to other schools. Not in its current form. I would be surprised if they made it to 10m. I personally think 6m I think is too high, but that wouldn’t surprise if it ended up there. I have no inside knowledge, other than knowing CBS sports won’t take them.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
They may be already to plan D

Oh..

Was there another swing and a miss I didn't see?

I've been distracted.

I went down a hilarious rabbit hole of UTEP and NMSU twitter.

UTEP fans..I swear to God I'll cancel my season tix if we get left behind again.

My personal favorite was..

If we can't get invited to this 'jank ass' version of the MWC we should just shut the athletic department down..There was some other colorful language and tweet has since been deleted. But 'jank ass' caused me to chuckle..

NMSU fans are mostly blaming UNM..🤣

I have no doubt they’ll be valued more than the MW. Unless Gloria is successful in adding all of NIU, Toledo, NMSU, Texas State, Gonzaga, St Mary’s and GCU.

But there isn’t a prayer for the Pac getting to the $12.5m potential that they’re trying to sell to other schools. Not in its current form. I would be surprised if they made it to 10m. I personally think 6m I think is too high, but that wouldn’t surprise if it ended up there. I have no inside knowledge, other than knowing CBS sports won’t take them.
No one thinks they are getting 12 or 12.5 now. And sure, I'm guessing that is what was sold to the traitorous 4.

But they used "swing for the fences" from the beginning. I'm sure they knew that they would have a good chance at missing with their top targets. I am also sure the traitorous 4 knew this too.

I also don't think that they ever thought we would say no.

But if we said yes and they stopped there for now at least. I think we would be looking at 8 mil per team minimum, maybe even 9 or 10.

So yes they are on plan D and not sure where to go. Didn't think they had a bidding war with the MW either. So yes I am sure they are a bit flustered right now.

Reactions: RebelinWA
No one thinks they are getting 12 or 12.5 now? And sure Im guessing that is what was sold to the traitorous 4.

But they used "swing for the fences" from the beginning. I'm sure they knew that they would have a good chance at missing with their top targets. I am also sure the traitorous 4 knew this too.

I also don't think that they ever though we would say no.

But if we said yes and they stopped there for now at least. I think we would be looking at 8 mil per team minimum, maybe even 9 or 10.

So yes they are on plan D and not sure where to go. Didn't think they had a bidding war with the MW either. So yes I am sure they are a bit flustered right now.
The MW mission now should be to take in almost everyone they have interest in. Force them to pull in Montana. Their egos won’t be able to take it.

Reactions: SilverSpoon
No, but I have a feeling the teams we're going after are their plan C.

Jank-Ass is back in my vocab. Janky Ass was my go to in HS.

Great word. An American word. We invented it. All the great words really.

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

adjective
informal•North American
of extremely poor or unreliable quality.
"the software is pretty janky"

EDIT: Read my post again and realized it sounded like a line from a Trump speech.🤣🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT