ADVERTISEMENT

AAC targeting Mountain West Conference teams

I thought we had a gentleman's agreement when this conference was formed to stick together. I could be wrong!

UNLV would say NO HELL NO in a nanosecond, that is why they didn't invite. Maybe those those they're target are vain enough to possibly think about it.

UNLV would say NO HELL NO in a nanosecond, that is why they didn't invite. Maybe those those they're target are vain enough to possibly think about it.

The AAC doesn’t want us because our football program is a hot mess but think about what the conference will look like if those 4 teams leave. You’d want us to stick around with the 6 1/2 teams left? Craig Thompson would probably be lucky to add UTSA, UTEP, North Texas and Rice to replace them.

I mean it’s not the worst thing but I don’t like it. The AAC would be the better football and basketball conference.

UNLV
UNR
Utah State
Wyoming
New Mexico
SJSU
Fresno State

Hawaii (Football Only)

UTSA
UTEP
Rice
North Texas

The AAC doesn’t want us because our football program is a hot mess but think about what the conference will look like if those 4 teams leave. You’d want us to stick around with the 6 1/2 teams left? Craig Thompson would probably be lucky to add UTSA, UTEP, North Texas and Rice to replace them.

I mean it’s not the worst thing but I don’t like it. The AAC would be the better football and basketball conference.

UNLV
UNR
Utah State
Wyoming
New Mexico
SJSU
Fresno State

Hawaii (Football Only)

UTSA
UTEP
Rice
North Texas
New Mexico State

UNLV
UNR
Utah State
Wyoming
New Mexico
SJSU
Fresno State

Hawaii (Football Only)

UTSA
UTEP
Rice
North Texas
If this happens go after Louisiana Tech first, then grab two teams from Texas, maybe North Texas and one UTEP. No need to go above 10 for basketball (11) for football.

All UNLV can do at this point is ignore the games and actually figure out a way to start winning games. If they can't start winning really soon, none of this will matter anymore!

Reactions: 220reb
UNLV sucks. Perennial bottom feeders with no fan support. Our tradition is losing.
LOST u mean. We went cheap on coaching hires. I hope Kruger does well ,but that is not a hire you make in the situation we were in and as for football we should of went all in on the hire. Too much money to be made with the RIGHT hire. We have maybe the best stadiums for College BB and FB and having a elite practice facilities for both and we made coaching decisions like we were a bottom feeder in the MWC.! Oh wait!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT