ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of things

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
This team may not have a ton to over-impress a lot of people but they did about all they could do. And they certainly didn't show a single reason not to back them. There was not a single thing unlikeable about the squad. Sure, it's far from a perfect portrait, but in terms of teamwork, style of play, ATTITUDES, coachability, etc - they're worth it. Yeah, they could be "better" in this area or that area, but that's not what makes something enjoyable to me. I want to see a team that works hard, plays hard, stays together and fights. And though we won't go unscathed (again, that's not what it's about for me), they've been a solid, fun group to watch. I think we all wish it was against better competition so we felt better about things, so there'd be more recognition across the board. What I'm saying is that this team deserves fan support; theyve done nothing to take away from that.

Secondly, I know I'm already worrying about next year expecting to lose McCoy, Jordie and Mooring. In spite of some inconsistencies with Jordie, he's going to be tough to replace, but I really like Hardy. I don't think the team has to take some huge step backwards. McCoy is good and as good as he is, I don't think we need an "equal" replacement (as long as we still have Juice). Still think we need a key piece or two, but they should be able to get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News