ADVERTISEMENT

3rd level opened for Iowa State game

I have no doubt that you can find parking lots near the stadium that will be far cheaper. There was a parking lot advertising prior to the Raider game and other events that I believe wanted somewhere in the range of $50 to $75 and included transportation over to the stadium.

From what I can see, those tickets are going fairly quickly. It looks like they opened 7 sections in the 300 level (from looking at the ticket map) and of those seats the middle section is already sold out, the section on each side only has handicap seating, and the other two sections on each side are about one third sold out. In total it looks like over half of the additional tickets are already gone in one day? I wonder how much of an impact this will have on the value of tickets on the secondary market?

While we were (notice the past tense use of this word) spoiled with free parking in LV, these parking prices aren’t outrageous for sporting events.

20 years ago I went to a Steelers game. My uncle paid $50 to park about 1 mile away. I can imagine the costs today but paying for parking at sporting events isn’t new, it’s only new to us (unless you remember paying for parking at the T&M). Jerks.

Sam Boyd stadium charged for parking for over 10 years until the courts said they could no longer charge for parking. The agreement was the money was to be used to pave the property that was owned by the Clark County parks and recreation (80% of the parking lot), and the paving never happened, instead the money was going to unknown locations or into the pockets of unknown people.

This is unlv football. They should make parking free for everyone. We payed $5 for the second round playoff game between the Jazz and Clippers just being a block away from the arena

Reactions: LocoRebel
Anyone with a little smarts, and who is located in the vicinity, will set up a parking lot on their property, charge for parking, and tie in with someone who can transport the customers to the stadium. I expect you will see a lot more parking lots that charge under $50 for UNLV games as they figure out how many people actually come to games, how much people are willing to pay, and as the competition from additional parking pushes down the rates. While this stadium has very little parking, the one advantage of this area is that there are a lot of available parking lots on nearby properties which is not typical of a downtown stadium.

If you're are worried about that 150.00 to park at Allegiant, you may park at UNLV & take a 10 dollar Uber; those deuds are qued up for airport runs right across from T&M.

Like the idea but they will need more than one bus every 20 min to be helpful. 80 people on the bus ( a high number ) every 20 minutes is 240 per hour. Three hours before is 720 total fans. Doesn't strike me as enough.

Doesnt sound luck a lot thats for sure. Maybe its more than 1 bus at a time....

The additional 300 level sections that they opened up for sale are 90% plus sold out. It is very much possible we are looking at a 50K plus crowd at the Iowa State game. This shows you that UNLV games will do very well, even if the UNLV team is still bad, if we are playing a higher caliber team! Show improvement to the team and they could see crowds like this for most of the games with better home sales, curious tourist who want to see the new stadium, and fans of the visiting team .

Wow 50k in Allegiant would be great to see. I don’t know if I would read too much into this one game though. I think you’re going to be surprised by how many fans there are from Iowa. I don’t think UCLA, Cal, or Vanderbilt will bring close to the number of fans we’re going to see next month. This is a once in a lifetime type of season for Iowa State and even their fans know that. Sure if we can book big name programs we’ll have big attendance numbers but we haven’t seen that. Hopefully our new AD prioritizes scheduling some big names. I like UCLA, Cal, and Vandy but I was hoping for more in the new stadium. Those are the only P5 teams we have scheduled at this point and they’re not even happening soon- 2023, 2025 and 2026. With our current scheduling philosophy I think UNLV winning at a high level is the only way we’re going to see a big increase in attendance.

Reactions: UNLVINMD
Wow 50k in Allegiant would be great to see. I don’t know if I would read too much into this one game though. I think you’re going to be surprised by how many fans there are from Iowa. I don’t think UCLA, Cal, or Vanderbilt will bring close to the number of fans we’re going to see next month. This is a once in a lifetime type of season for Iowa State and even their fans know that. Sure if we can book big name programs we’ll have big attendance numbers but we haven’t seen that. Hopefully our new AD prioritizes scheduling some big names. I like UCLA, Cal, and Vandy but I was hoping for more in the new stadium. Those are the only P5 teams we have scheduled at this point and they’re not even happening soon- 2023, 2025 and 2026. With our current scheduling philosophy I think UNLV winning at a high level is the only way we’re going to see a big increase in attendance.
Definitely not Vandy. UCLA and Cal i think just depends on if their teams are coming off years above .500 in conference. If they think it will be a great time and smash UNLV, they will be here. But same is true with Iowa st. If they weren't preseason top 10 and were say, 5-7 last year,, there wouldn't be as much interest. Maybe 35k on the high end

It looks like all of the tickets in the seven level 300 seats that opened up have been sold and they opened up 4 more sections. Without question they are looking at a crowd either in the high 40's or low 50's which would be a record for a college football game in Nevada. The Eastern Washington game had 21,970 in attendance. I expect all of the other games will have better attendance, which will likely put the UNLV average attendance up around high 20's or low 30's. The best any team did in the MWC in 2019 was around 32K

Last edited:
Reactions: rickyb55
It looks like all of the tickets in the seven level 300 seats that opened up have been sold and they opened up 4 more sections. Without question they are looking at a crowd either in the high 40's or low 50's which would be a record for a college football game in Nevada. The Eastern Washington game had 21,970 in attendance. I expect all of the other games will have better attendance, which will likely put the UNLV average attendance up around high 20's or low 30's. The best any team did in the MWC in 2019 was around 32K
Does BYU vs Arizona count? They had 54k.

"I expect all of the other games will have better attendance"

I was thinking just the opposite. What made you think this way?

Ticket sales. They have already sold significantly more seats for the remaining 5 games than the EWU game. As for the BYU/Arizona game, I forgot they already played.

Ticket sales. They have already sold significantly more seats for the remaining 5 games than the EWU game. As for the BYU/Arizona game, I forgot they already played.
Good to hear. I thought that once the initial "newness" of the stadium wore off the crowds would back off.

@LocoRebel went to the Bama game last weekend and paid $15 for a ticket. Granted, they played Mercer but, still, we're talking a Bama home game. No wonder they still have great turnouts for games that don't promise much suspense. I know, I know... all those natties, yadda, yadda, yadda. UNLV should take a page out of the Tide's book and make sure that they have butts in as many seats as possible every game. Something is better than nothing. No butt = no revenue.

They are selling the level 300 seats for about $33. They are pushing up individual game prices to push more people to buy season tickets, but in this case they added some low cost seats to try and drive more locals to the game. They have also added options for $10 parking spaces which should help to lower the overall off stadium parking cost as well as push more people that had concerns regarding the cost of parking to attend games. It currently looks like they have sold close to 70% of the four additional level 300 sections they opened up. I wouldn't be shocked if they opened up the entire 300 level to try and give the attendance at the game a boost. If there is any kind of walk up crowd that buys tickets, they could give the BYU game crowd size a run for its money!

Last edited:
They just opened two more 300 level sections!
You’ve been all over these ticket sales 1986. What is your final prediction for the attendance? I’m surprised there’s entire rows and blocks of lower level seats still available. Were they holding those back for some reason. Seems like Iowa State fans would have snatched those up for $170 compared to what they paid for 200 levels and buying season tickets.

It looks like they held back tickets for season ticket sales and then for mini package sales until almost the very end. As for 55K to 10K sales, I think the total is currently around 45K and if they get a decent walk up sales it could go into to 50's. I also think the sales will be more around 25-30K (could stretch a little higher depending how many season tickets sales were people for UNLV and how many students show up) for UNLV, 15K-20K for Iowa State and anyone else will just be there to see the stadium.

With the way parking is set up, I think that will hurt walk up sales. Too much bullshit to deal with to park on last minute “hey let’s go watch the Rebs get a red ass beat down”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT