ADVERTISEMENT

3 Star DL Visit

MuiDuck

Walk On
Dec 29, 2014
Scout says Hawaii DT commit Salanoa-Alo Wily is visiting the Rebels today.

http://unlv.scout.com/player/181410-salanoa-alo-wily/recruiting

Does show he heads up north to unr on 1-24-2015.

This post was edited on 1/22 12:19 PM by MuiDuck

This post was edited on 1/22 2:20 PM by MuiDuck

I wonder if Coach Seumalo was on this kid prior to getting the UNLV job. I'm assuming so since Oregon State was recruiting him.

"I wonder if Coach Seumalo was on this kid prior to getting the UNLV job. I'm assuming so since Oregon State was recruiting him."

I have to imagine that is the case. This kid would be a great grab for this staff. Defensive line and the inability to stop the run or get pressure on the QB consistently has been the biggest problem on defense.

It will be interesting to see what effect new coaching will have on the current players as well. Seumalo is highly thought of and turned out some pretty decent defensive linemen while at Oregon State.

I'm hugely surprised Sanchez hasn't targeted Gorman product Noah Tialavea. Definitely on the short side but the kid his a pure run stuffer that can get after the ball.
Not an NFL type guy but he can be pretty productive in college. If not an official offer, hopefully he is a top walk on candidate.

Noah Tialavea

"If not an official offer, hopefully he is a top walk on candidate."

If nobody else has this kid on their radar yet, then maybe the staff is hoping they can keep him home as a walk on and save the scholarship for another recruit? Possibly earn a scholarship down the road? Will be interesting to see what happens if he gets an offer. You can never have enough guys on either side of the line.

I think the fact that we have the Oregon St. coach who has ties to many of the island recruits, that we have picked up players, including today, with ties to the island gives UNLV a very good chance at getting him to come to UNLV.

UNLV is coming on strong and I am sure the coaches are showing the prospects their vision of the future for UNLV football.

Would not be surprised if he ends up at UNLV - would be great for the program.

http://mylvsports.com/unlv/top-hawaii-prospect-visiting-unlv/

Watching his film he is a really athletic kid for his size. Depending on the front that UNLV plans on using I could see him playing tackle in a 4 man front and probably end in a 3 man front. Regardless, if the staff is able to pull this kid in it will be a huge victory especially considering they already locked up Nela Otukolo.

There were a lot of people squawking about the Sanchez hire at the time it was made. And while there have yet to be any games played, Sanchez is already winning some recruiting battles and getting some kids I do not think we would have been able to get in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT