ADVERTISEMENT

3 Star Anthony Rosas commits

Hard for me to grasp turning down Florida and Auburn ( among many others) for U.N.L.V. I love the Rebels - but come on.

Reactions: j. spilotro
Only thing that worries me is that far more than in hoops, FB players can flop.

impressive pickup though.

who is recruiting them is a far bigger indicator
Exactly! I’m usually one to get very excited but with this level of recruit, they can easily change their mind the closer signing day is. Still can’t believe we’re landing some of these kids

Reactions: j. spilotro
Exactly! I’m usually one to get very excited but with this level of recruit, they can easily change their mind the closer signing day is. Still can’t believe we’re landing some of these kids
Well - thing is, it shows us very early what the intentions and goals are with recruiting. And they’re high, very high. Gonna be a ton of misses. And some flip flops. But that’s ok. If you aim high and hit near the target and hit it occasionally, it’s far better than a simple target that you regularly hit.

So it’s revealing an ambitious philosophy. I like it. A lot. Go for it. Don’t be a ....

Reactions: Nickk10
Hard for me to grasp turning down Florida and Auburn ( among many others) for U.N.L.V. I love the Rebels - but come on.

Football "offers" are nothing like basketball offers. Not selecting a program doesn't mean you are turning them down, it often means you never had the opportunity to commit there.

Many programs now make 200-400 offers (UNLV has made 190 for the '21 class already) and can take at most 25 players in a class. So 5-star recruits and most 4-star recruits get "committable" offers from programs you mention like Florida and Auburn, but most 3-star players get "conditional" offers... for example, they must first be invited for an official visit, they must meet certain grade and performance requirements their senior season, there must be available spots at their position, etc.

Both Florida and Auburn already have four O-Line commits in the '21 class. All four of Auburn's O-Line commits are rated higher than Rosas, and three of Florida's are higher than Rosas and the fourth is about equal to him. Florida has 20 commits already; so unlikely they would add a 5th OL to the class.

In an interview yesterday Rosas said he was still going to do OV's to five schools (but that he expected to stay committed to UNLV). We'll see how many of those schools still want to give him an OV.

Football "offers" are nothing like basketball offers. Not selecting a program doesn't mean you are turning them down, it often means you never had the opportunity to commit there.

Many programs now make 200-400 offers (UNLV has made 190 for the '21 class already) and can take at most 25 players in a class. So 5-star recruits and most 4-star recruits get "committable" offers from programs you mention like Florida and Auburn, but most 3-star players get "conditional" offers... for example, they must first be invited for an official visit, they must meet certain grade and performance requirements their senior season, there must be available spots at their position, etc.

Both Florida and Auburn already have four O-Line commits in the '21 class. All four of Auburn's O-Line commits are rated higher than Rosas, and three of Florida's are higher than Rosas and the fourth is about equal to him. Florida has 20 commits already; so unlikely they would add a 5th OL to the class.

In an interview yesterday Rosas said he was still going to do OV's to five schools (but that he expected to stay committed to UNLV). We'll see how many of those schools still want to give him an OV.
I’m not in disagreement. A P5’s backup plan may be UNLV’s primary target. Usually will happen. But that’s ok, it’s still elevating recruiting.

Listen, we’ve had some highly rated hoopsters in the past associated with big name schools. Yet they were too flawed in some way to be the big schools primary, or they projected not to start at the big school.... or the big school wasn’t offering all the player hoped ...... and they land at UNLV. But it doesn’t detract from getting a good player in either case.

Two years ago we would be ecstatic if we stole a recruit from CSU, SDSU, unr, or Boise State. Last year we were happy to grab a recruit that had offers from Kansas, Baylor, etc. For the 2020 class we snagged players with offers from schools like Arizona State, Kansas, Arizona, Washington State, etc. For the 2021 class we are going after recruits that have offers from almost all of the big time programs. For 2020 we were neck and neck with BSU in recruiting, in 2021 we have a good chance to be the #1 recruiting class in the MWC for the first time ever. One of the great signs of changes is the roughly 12,000+ season ticket sales to date for the new stadium compared to about 5,500 last season (if you look at my post you will see it is an accurate estimate).

Two years ago we would be ecstatic if we stole a recruit from CSU, SDSU, unr, or Boise State. Last year we were happy to grab a recruit that had offers from Kansas, Baylor, etc. For the 2020 class we snagged players with offers from schools like Arizona State, Kansas, Arizona, Washington State, etc. For the 2021 class we are going after recruits that have offers from almost all of the big time programs. For 2020 we were neck and neck with BSU in recruiting, in 2021 we have a good chance to be the #1 recruiting class in the MWC for the first time ever. One of the great signs of changes is the roughly 12,000+ season ticket sales to date for the new stadium compared to about 5,500 last season (if you look at my post you will see it is an accurate estimate).

12k season ticket sales? That's impressive. Was that number in an article?

It was not in an article. Go and look at my post. The information is available on the site for picking tickets it shows which seats are restricted and which seats are open to purchase. It is easy to verify the number of seats sold within the areas open for purchase!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT