ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Football Opponents

LocoRebel

Retired Number
Apr 7, 2011
I imagine these could change if need arose. Like we saw Army drop from the schedule last minute as they joined the American. But, 2025 UNLV football opponents (https://fbschedules.com/2025-unlv-football-schedule/)

• at Sam Houston State
    • 2024 is Bearkats 3rd year in FBS jumping from WAC (they were previously Southland). KC Keeler is their head coach. He has 2 FCS national title, one with Delaware in 2003, then another with Sam Houston in the COVID FCS spring 2021 season (2020 fall delayed until spring 2021). SHSU was 3-9 in 2023 with home wins vs Middle Tennessee and Kennesaw State, and a lone road win at LA Tech. Only one real blowout, which was 38-7 at Houston. Surprised Rice in week 1 of 2024 season 34-14 on the road, then lost 45-14 at UCF.
  • vs UCLA
    • I have no faith in DeShaun Foster as a head coach. But it's UCLA. It's PacBig-12Ten. They will have the talent. Eric Bieniemy is their OC, which I learned while writing this post up. They struggled at Hawaii and honestly should have lost. 2025 will be year 2 of the DF/EB era, and year 2 of UCLA getting wrecked by Big Ten teams. If 2024 goes well, and if we don't lose absolutely everything (HC, OC, DC could all reasonably be gone; we will lose all 3 upper classmen QBs, at least 4 OL, basically the entire defensive secondary, Woodard, RW3, JDJ, several DL contributors and starters. Job will require a lot of transfers in and growth from younger players), it could be a great environment for a UNLV FB home game.
  • vs Idaho State
    • Cody Hawkins (Dan's son) is the head coach, 2024 is his 2nd year as head coach. They were 3-8 in 2023 with home wins against bad Northern Colorado and ranked Eastern Washington, road win at Portland State. They were walloped by Utah State, Sac State, and Idaho. But have heard good things around their program, particularly with strength and conditioning and administrative support. 2024 so far: 38-15 loss at Oregon State, 50-10 win against Western Oregon.
  • at Miami (OH)
    • 2025 will be Chuck Martin's 12th year at Miami assuming he's still there. He's 56-63 overall as their head coach and were 11-3 in 2023. Losses were at Miami 38-3, vs Toledo 21-17, and the bowl game vs App State 13-9 in Orlando. Oxford, Ohio is out in the boonies it appears, west of Dayton and Cincinnati. Travel could suck for that game; 4 hour flight and then a bus trip (I assume they won't fly into Oxford, but I have no idea). This season, Miami has only played at Northwestern, who beat the Redhawks 13-6.

We know that the self-imposed deadline for MWC and Pac-2 scheduling agreement has passed. But in no way at all was that binding. Games could get scheduled individually with teams rather than conference, so that could change anyway. Other than those types of changes, we know that UNLV will play Hawaii and Reno. I can't find an official graphic or article, but FBSchedules has UNLV conference slate showing road games at CSU, SDSU, UNR, and USU, home games vs AFA, BSU, UNM, and Hawaii. Don't think that's right - we have BSU at home this year.

A ton can and will change about our team going into 2025, so hard to know what it will look like. Looking forward to this young 2024 season and seeing what 2025 really looks like as it approaches.

I didn't know we played at Sam Houston next season. That is awesome. I can easily drive there, and even have close family friends that live in Huntsville, TX.

Weaker noncon slate, that is for sure. But as you said, we will be losing a lot! I see some potential in our depth pieces, and I think we could be a hot team in the transfer market, though we would need the funds to completely capitalize.

Then there is the fact that we will likely be with a new OC. So that makes this interesting.

I didn't know we played at Sam Houston next season. That is awesome. I can easily drive there, and even have close family friends that live in Huntsville, TX.

Weaker noncon slate, that is for sure. But as you said, we will be losing a lot! I see some potential in our depth pieces, and I think we could be a hot team in the transfer market, though we would need the funds to completely capitalize.

Then there is the fact that we will likely be with a new OC. So that makes this interesting.
Some kids from DP were fundraising for football, I bought some stuff and talked with them. Same thing with kids from Liberty.

UNLV is being noticed big time locally.

If Odom keeps the program going like it is, aside from the transfer portal, I think we are going to influx some good local products. We did with Burrell and Correa already. I think it’ll increase.

Reactions: bcvegaspt2
I was looking at that last week our road games the next several seasons kind of suck I hope they add something better than Miami, OH

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT